Search the forum,

Discuss Yta Tiling Course Feedback - First Day On The Course in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com.

M

mikebidd

Y.T.A trainig bradford

Not sure if its in the right place but thought id write a little about my first day off training, As to be honust they deserve to be talked about lol

So to start off with i was in a really bad mood i got up at 6 am to catch a bus that never arrived. Also my car that was meant to be picked up yesterday didnt go so i was short on cash.

Eventually got there ready to explain that i couldnt afford to do it when i found out they would take paypal! superb so i paid for rest off course.The two blokes that rub it will go out off there way to help if they can.

We sat for about 5 minutes listening to just some common sense advive. Then straight in at the deep end with preparing the surface (you get your own cubcle whch is set out like a kitchen with window cupboards and plug sockets. I have not done one second off even dIY in my life (im a mechanic by trade) so pancked not knowing which bits i needed clean off. Straight away 1 off the many lads they have working there came over and showed me. Next we were taught abot about Adhesives and priming the walls. We were shown how to mix it and which were the best to buy (honust advice not just by the dearest)

We were taught about tools off the trade and given our own tools to use They were superb in explaning things and from what iv gathered so far only believe n hands on learning which is brilliant for me as i have Adhd.
I cant believe how much they have taught me in one day. There was always some one popping in to see how you were going and teach you 1 to 1 different methods off doing it they had to show me more than once lol but even that wasnt a problem.

Im at begginng off week and for some one who has never even lifted a tile i have done this (please no micky taking i know its not perfect by any means and i need alot more practice)

Pics were taken with my phone and are rubbsh ill keep updating as the week goes on if any ones intrested

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

IMG_0012.jpg

M

mikethetile

well done mate
thats a good start , nice grout lines, very important on these colours to have perfect gaps or it will jump out at you on the finished job

keep up the good work and keep us posted:thumbsup:

M

mikebidd

Thanks lads ill keep it going then
I thought i was beng a bit brave using two colours lol. The one thing im happy with is when ever i have tried learning somthng new i have been the worst out off the group at it. But for once i kept up with every one else and kept to the same standered.

M

mikebidd

I mut admit i was getting frustrated with the plug socket lol. Im hoping after my course to try and fnd a local tiler to take me on (for cheaop cheap lol) to get some expierence in or lead to a full time job. Is that a good place to start?

M

mikethetile

I mut admit i was getting frustrated with the plug socket lol. Im hoping after my course to try and fnd a local tiler to take me on (for cheaop cheap lol) to get some expierence in or lead to a full time job. Is that a good place to start?
if you can show a local tiler that your keen , will be usefull to him and he has work for you theres no reason why he wouldnt keep you

so go for it mate:thumbsup:

Reply to Yta Tiling Course Feedback - First Day On The Course in the Tile Retail Independent Feedback area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen