Search the forum,

Discuss Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

D

Dumbo

Hi I have tanked my shower with mapei waterproofing,now I need to stick pvc panels to the ceiling.can anyone recommend something I can use please.
Are there no fixing instructions with the panels . I work with a guy who sometimes puts pva panels and he battens the ceiling and uses hidden nail technique . Have you tanked the ceiling ? If not it doesn't gave any relevance to the question if you have and you intend sticking panels then as above .

W

Waluigi

It’s an educated guess based on knowing what it will stick to in the industry after reading the data sheet before using it on waterproofing jobs, in particular when it’s been used to bond Kerdi sheet to ‘difficult’ substrates. However I’d not actually use Kerdi Fix, I’d find something else that has similar characteristics yet less expensive due to the volume of Kerdi fix required.

In reality I’d not be bonding PVC to a ceiling full stop, I’d mechanically fix them.

W

Waluigi

Been on to mapei they said speak to pvc supplier.speak to pvc supplier and they said speak to mapei lol.

I know you’re not keen on mechanically fixing the PVC but how about using a small amount of neutral curing silicone at each fixing point as it meets the membrane?

Is there a reason you’ve tanked the ceiling? My apologies if you’ve already explained.

Last edited by a moderator:
All I want too do is stick this on the ceiling that's it. Will only be 1200mm pieces.

20190115_151842.jpg 20190115_152029.jpg

W

Waluigi

Sticks like sh** would be fine

that a guess @Plan Tec Tiling ? Or have you spoken to @Mapei UK Marketing or ‘sticks like S**t’ about using that product for this application?

if you are going to advise using a product which you don't know will work it would be a good idea to say so @Plan Tec Tiling.

we wouldn't want someone to take advice which turned out not to work would we

*when I say ‘we’ I’m speaking on behalf of lots of other people too ;)

W out:praying:

Q

Qwerty

@Waluigi , you've been told before about personal attacks of members including staff. A simple 'disagree' would suffice, I know you know where the button is!

And yes, I've even stuck Bushboard to Mapei tanked walls and skeilings with sticks like sh** and it works! So my advice is sound. Is it what @Mapei UK Marketing would recommend, probably not. Does it work, yes. Have I done it myself, yes.

Shame I didnt receive this a few hours ago as I spent most of the day with Nick & Alan from Mapei and we had similar conversations on other applications throughout the day.

W

Waluigi

Dear oh Dear. Nobody understands.

I literally posted the identical thing that Julian Sidney posted to me about suggesting Kerdi fix which was demented and unfounded. Totally tongue in cheek and Plan Tec knows that now.

I have used Kerdi fix on several jobs and it was specifically designed for bonding to things exactly as the OP wanted so I don’t expect some jumped up little jobsworth pouncing on me just because it’s me. Two other members suggesting ‘sticks like sh**’ and old Julian wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. It’s quite pathetic Julian Snidey. I am flattered somewhat though :tearsofjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

@Waluigi , you've been told before about personal attacks of members including staff. A simple 'disagree' would suffice, I know you know where the button is!

And yes, I've even stuck Bushboard to Mapei tanked walls and skeilings with sticks like sh** and it works! So my advice is sound. Is it what @Mapei UK Marketing would recommend, probably not. Does it work, yes. Have I done it myself, yes.

Shame I didnt receive this a few hours ago as I spent most of the day with Nick & Alan from Mapei and we had similar conversations on other applications throughout the day.
Is that you in the sigma face book photo .
I guessing you're the one with the clothes cleaner than when you bought them

J

J Sid

Dear oh Dear. Nobody understands.

I literally posted the identical thing that Julian Sidney posted to me about suggesting Kerdi fix which was demented and unfounded. Totally tongue in cheek and Plan Tec knows that now.

I have used Kerdi fix on several jobs and it was specifically designed for bonding to things exactly as the OP wanted so I don’t expect some jumped up little jobsworth pouncing on me just because it’s me. Two other members suggesting ‘sticks like sh**’ and old Julian wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. It’s quite pathetic Julian Snidey. I am flattered somewhat though :tearsofjoy:

@Waluigi the difference is Geoff has a proven record on giving the correct advice, your record has yet to be proven.
I asked you if the advice was a guess and you didn't come back and to explain your reasoning behind that advice, hence I said what I said.
if you are to remain here you should rethink your attitude, the way you interact with members, the advice you give and how it is given.
you really are a total knob alot of the time and the sooner you get removed from this site the better imho.

perhaps we should have a poll ? Should @Waluigi stay or go

Reply to Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I have the old stock no more ply down unprimed. (Their new stock comes pre-primed). Mapei suggested using Primer G before tiling with keraflex maxi s1. They did not recommend using SBR for some...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, long time lurker, first time poster. Over the years I've used the good advice that I've read on this forum but with my current project I am a bit stumped. I am renovating an ensuite, it's...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays