Search the forum,

Discuss Should I Tank Rendered Brick Walls in Shower Area? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

Hi,

I am installing a shower/wet room in an upstairs on suite. Shower tray will be installed and three walls tiled to form the shower area. All the walls are rendered/plastered brick. The floor is hardwood boarded with a 6mm OSB overlay. Do I need to tank the walls and floor with it being a shower tray and brick walls? If so, would a a slurry on the walls and floor with taped corners to the wooden floor be acceptable?

Any help would be great, struggling to find any advice on whether or not to tank brick wet room walls.

Joe

Reply to Should I Tank Rendered Brick Walls in Shower Area? in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

Birthdays