Search the forum,

Discuss Question about tile sizes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3 walls.

I've never tiled before and ordered some samples from an online store. My query is that the "feature" wall tile is 290x890mm and the white/grey tile is 298x598mm. All going well and these are the tiles we go for my question is how is best to lay these?

Do the larger grey tiles all need to be cut to be the same length and/or height as the feature tile? if laid as they are I assume the grout lines wont marry up in the transition from feature to grey, would this look off?

Any help would be appreciated.

I've attached pics of the sample tiles ordered for info.

Attachments

• Feature.PNG
    580.6 KB · Views: 29
  • Grey.PNG
    520.8 KB · Views: 11

Dave

TF
Staff member
Arms
Esteemed
Subscribed
Reaction score
Matching grout lines isn’t an issue with different sized tiles . On the feature wall centralise left to right and top to bottom. Creates a better feature if it’s symmetrical.

Reply to Question about tile sizes in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen