Questions and tiling advice in the UK Tiling Forum - Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for Tiling Advice, by TilersForums.com. Wall and Floor Tile Installation Advice - Tiling Advice 24/7. British Tiling Forum for Tiling Knowledge..
Search the forum,

Sticky Threads
Here I am going to attempt to guide you through a the cutting of a 3 way mitre. picture 1 is of the 3 way mitre. trim for the top of the mitre is laid flat in the mitre box as in pic 2, after...
  • devonmark
2 3 4
Answers
Views
D
How to Tile a Floor using Ceramic Floor Tiles Also posted on uktilingforum Measuring up for Floor Tiles You will need a tape measure and a pen and paper for this, sometimes a square and other...
  • DHTiling
Answers
Views
10 Tiling Tips for Fixing Tiles to Bathroom Walls = From UKTilingForum.co.uk There are a few ways to fix tile to bathroom walls. First you need to prepare the walls for tiling. Note that...
  • Dan
Answers
Views
G
Hi. I have just finished laying a 30mtr floor using 600 x 600 CIMIC polished porcelain tiles.(Hards as nails and a nightmare to cut. :grin:) The customer purchased the tiles and was told that they...
  • grumpygit
Answers
Views
D
Apologies mods of this needs to go elsewhere.. please feel free to move it or bin it! Riiiight.. here goes.... We've been in our first house nearly 2 years now. We've (well ... more like I'VE!)...
  • davemul
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Answers
Views
U
Hello, I have just laid black indian limestone in my garden. I am halfway through grouting it all but tested the jet washer on the finished bits to see how it came out. Unfortunaley the slabs...
  • Unregistered
Answers
Views
S
i have done loads of jobs in bathrooms were the complete bathroom is painted.most of my customers supply the addhesive grout etc.to tell the truth i hardly ever even look to see what type it...
  • smokey1234x
Answers
Views
GDog01
G
There seems to be a few people on here talking about unrealistic wages and things are quiet, it can only be yourself at fault, dont want to come accross as arrogant and put anyone down, but when...
  • UKTT Darren
Answers
Views
Normal Threads
C
the price of fuel now is over £1 PetrolPrices.com | Weekend fuel protest confirmed on the South coast - http://www.petrolprices.com/blog/protesters-to-fire-warning-shot-to-the-government-88.html
  • CLAYS TILES
Answers
Views
andy-h
A
P
Just interested in what hours all you lads work. Try to work about 9-5 myself, don't want to get there to early and don't want to be there when the family want to eat there tea.
  • penno
Answers
Views
plumbersmate
P
R
Have a job to do where the old kitchen wall tiles have been removed and some of the plaster has come away too. I was thinking the quickest wasy would be to screw 6mm plywood to the wall and tile...
  • rustylt2
2 3
Answers
Views
grumpygrouter
G
Just checking that you can all get in the Live Tile Chat Room.... If not, let me know in here and I'll see if I can help. :)
  • Dan
Answers
Views
S
Ok the walls are laff? and render. Plasterboarded 1 wall and the 2nd wall seems ok apart from the bit under the window,this just crumbled away. the size difference is about 20mm. Whats the best...
  • Saltire69
Answers
Views
Saltire69
S
D
Building Adhesives Limited, manufacturers professional tiling grouts and adhesives, highlight growing popularity of wet rooms with their updated, all-in-one pack, 'Waterproofing Kit for Showers'...
  • DHTiling
Answers
Views
DHTiling
D
D
Basics of the tax system HM Revenue & Customs collects tax to pay for public services. Each year the Chancellor's Budget sets out how much it'll cost to provide these services and how much tax...
  • DHTiling
Answers
Views
DHTiling
D
D
Has anyone use a baticoup 200 wet saw? I bought one the other day, from a local tile merchant for £149.00. As i was assembling it i couldn't help but think how primitive (cheap) the construction...
  • danmonken
Answers
Views
Perry
P
X
Guys I'm also a newbee and the forum is currently giving me a headache :mad2: . Everytime I try to access a section of the forum, it asks me to log in again, and then the links in the welcome...
  • xenon
Answers
Views
Perry
P
J
Hi all, Although I am confident I can tile walls and floors to a high standard I have not had many different jobs to complete, ie surfaces, materials etc, just simple old ceramics. I am...
  • JIMBOB187
Answers
Views
this guy is pretty damn good... m3gMgK7h-BA
  • devonmark
Answers
Views
F
I've seen a while back an angle finder that was like triple jointed, so you can get the perfect fit quickly fo doing them off plumb cuts on skirting boards and what not... like a straight edge to...
  • Fekin
Answers
Views
J
Merry Christmas everybody:8: Can I have your input on the whole suply and fit process. Would I open trade accounts and take samples of tiles to a prospective customers house, when quoting a job...
  • JIMBOB187
Answers
Views
GazTech
G
B
hi guys just wondering if you can give me advice plannin to tile my bathroom tomorrow for christmas bought a dvd but it was not really that helpful something out of the 70s but anyway if you can...
  • bubba
Answers
Views
bubba
B
D
..This will please you all and especially DAN we have just hit 40,000 posts..... :party: :14: :cheers2: :17: Thnkyou to you all and keep up the good work......:hurray:
  • DHTiling
Answers
Views
just set my drill on fire could not belive it i knew it was goin to burn out bvut go on fire as i am holdin it :ninja: any how all started when i cracked a rib and could only manage two days off...
  • smokie899
Answers
Views
DHTiling
D
T
2 tough questions - are you ready Question 1: If you knew a woman who was pregnant, who had 8 kids already, three who were deaf, two who were blind, one mentally retarded, and she had...
  • TheWrightTiler
Answers
Views
J
I was out in the garage getting the Christmas decorations, tree and lights and stuff when I found a present I forgot to give the kids last Christmas. We'll, you should have seen their little faces...
  • Jimmy Boy
Answers
Views
TheWrightTiler
T
just came across this..the good old to seal or not to seal.. broken link removed Mark.
  • devonmark
Answers
Views
Saltire69
S
C
http://www.thecompassgroup.biz/merryxmas.swf
  • Cliff Anger
Answers
Views
john0612
J
L
Anyone do stone tile restoration, cleaning and repairs full time? If so how did you get started? Where did you advertise? What customers did you target? Looking for ideas to develop my tiling...
  • Luxlux
Answers
Views
Luxlux
L
T
where do you guys advertise I currently advertise in yellow pages, gonna advertise in local paper afetr xmas Does anyone use/ rate tradepeople.com or other websites
  • tysfoot
Answers
Views
Fekin
F
R
Just been to see a bathroom floor requiring tiling. The wood that is down has a green shade to it, should I prime it first (what would you recommend) or does the green mean that it is water...
  • rockyroo
Answers
Views
DHTiling
D
P
I'm just finishing of my first bathroom makeover, I've done all the work my self and am quite chuffed with the results (thanks in no small part to this forum):hurray: I'm a bit stumped with how...
  • philipdayton
Answers
Views
grumpygrouter
G
F
Title says it all really. Do any of you ever bother to use proxy servers for your internet surfing, and if so, have you found any good ones that work all the time. Cheers.
  • Fekin
Answers
Views
Perry
P
S
am over due a new pair ot knee pads the 1s am using r that old i dont even know wat make they r any1 know were i would buy good pair?
  • smokey1234x
Answers
Views
Holohana
H
G
I have just started my first paid job. I visited the customer prior to starting the job to measure up and set a price. The job was to tile a small bathroom all mats provided. The problem was that...
  • geehippy
Answers
Views
davy_G
D
P
Got a customer who has two massive fireplaces that he wants the insert tiling in mosaics. The insert is a big slab of marble, is it ok to tile over marble? If so what Bal adhesive would you...
  • penno
Answers
Views
DHTiling
D
E
ello gents, I just got a job today to start on 2nd Jan but was a bit miffed when I got there because the old tiles are still on the customer's wall. It's only a small bathroom but the walls are...
  • etc.tiling
Answers
Views
etc.tiling
E
G
just a quickie darling. Got a new sponge for me washboy sponge thingy. Is it just me or do the new sponges appear to start off water and grout resistant? I sponged the wall down as usual and there...
  • geehippy
Answers
Views
geehippy
G
Post a New Thread / Question
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.