Tile Forum | America Tile Forum

Welcome to America Tile Forum, the USA Tile Industry. The Tile Association of America.

Discuss Purus Linear Drain And Marmox in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

D

diynoddy

Hi,

We (rather Other-half) had finally got to the last shower installation in out renovation - so far one wet room, one shower room and one bathroom (shower bath) this is going to be our en-suite.....eventually.....!

The bedroom is on the ground floor and has a concrete floor (no insulation) so we have 'raised the floor to put 50mm of insulation under a floating floor of T&G Weyrock. In the en-suite we are using 70mm of marmox for the floor area and 50mm Marmox and a former for the shower area - 900 x 1600. (The former is 900 x 1400 so 200 will be made up with Marmox). We have a Purus Linear Living Drain to be set at the 'end' of the 1400 (aperture is 300mm (I think) from the end) so there will be approx. 500mm to the wall. All the 'shower' wall area is also fitted with Marmox board. We have a Shower screen to protect the rest of the en-suite.

My question : I/we need help with is - How to fix the Purus drain flange to the Marmox.
The Purus videos don't cover our situation as we aren't setting into concrete. And we aren't putting into joists.
But have thought that if we make a 'lip' of the Marmox - like the metal pieces used in the joist video - we can sit the drain flange onto this but HOW can we fix it - can't screw it into Marmox - CAN WE GLUE IT? and if so what GLUE/ADHESIVE should we use. It's the grey plastic Purus and not the S/S drain.

Has anyone had experience with this type of drain or situation?

Any help would be appreciated

O

One Day

It's always an issue when you mix up systems. If I read your situation correctly though I would be looking to make a very good bond with either Wedi 610 or Schluter Kerdi Fix - both polymer adhesives / sealants.
Definitely do not try and make the seal with silicone.

Your ideal scenario (for the benefit of any future readers) would have been to use a system-approach such as Wedi or Schluter systems where the boards all marry up with pre-formed drain assemblies.

O

One Day

As for personal experience with your situation - honestly I'm afraid not. It would be impossible to guarantee anything you've done there. But I know and trust Wedi 610 and Kerdi Fix ;)

Reply to Purus Linear Drain And Marmox in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

Please note that this thread is old so replying to it may not get a response. You'd be best posting a new thread with a good 4 or 5 word title.
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks