Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking price in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

O

One Day

Boarded and waterproofed in about 4 hrs (photo shows not finished).
I charged a lot more than 200quid for the prep though!

20160714_153725.jpg

Somerset
I charge £50 above a bath and £90 for 3 sided shower for materials. Labour is £40 for a bath and £60 for shower enclosure walls. I personally prefer to install Marmox boards (and Marmox waterproof tape for joints up to 1.2 metres above bath/ tray). Favourite tanking kit currently is Tilemaster, but it depends where I buy materials, regularly use BAL and Ardex systems.

Somerset
That is Mapegum & you couldn't do it in 2hrs as you need to wait till the 1st coat is dry.
I never go to a job just to tank a shower, it's done in conjunction with other jobs.
Yes, if at all possible. I usually fit this to the prep day, or floor tiling day. In a whole bathroom tiling, you can do at least 2 walls to fill in the rest of the day.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Staffordshire

Reply to Tanking price in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm hoping you can help with some feedback, please My parents are currently having a new bathroom installed, all stripped back to bare walls and floor. The fitter has done/hasn't done...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for cutting large format porc? Ive been relatively lucky up until recently and been able to cut most of...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays