Search the forum,

Discuss Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com.

W

Waluigi

Dear oh Dear. Nobody understands.

I literally posted the identical thing that Julian Sidney posted to me about suggesting Kerdi fix which was demented and unfounded. Totally tongue in cheek and Plan Tec knows that now.

I have used Kerdi fix on several jobs and it was specifically designed for bonding to things exactly as the OP wanted so I don’t expect some jumped up little jobsworth pouncing on me just because it’s me. Two other members suggesting ‘sticks like sh**’ and old Julian wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. It’s quite pathetic Julian Snidey. I am flattered somewhat though :tearsofjoy:

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Dumbo

@Waluigi , you've been told before about personal attacks of members including staff. A simple 'disagree' would suffice, I know you know where the button is!

And yes, I've even stuck Bushboard to Mapei tanked walls and skeilings with sticks like sh** and it works! So my advice is sound. Is it what @Mapei UK Marketing would recommend, probably not. Does it work, yes. Have I done it myself, yes.

Shame I didnt receive this a few hours ago as I spent most of the day with Nick & Alan from Mapei and we had similar conversations on other applications throughout the day.
Is that you in the sigma face book photo .
I guessing you're the one with the clothes cleaner than when you bought them

J

J Sid

Dear oh Dear. Nobody understands.

I literally posted the identical thing that Julian Sidney posted to me about suggesting Kerdi fix which was demented and unfounded. Totally tongue in cheek and Plan Tec knows that now.

I have used Kerdi fix on several jobs and it was specifically designed for bonding to things exactly as the OP wanted so I don’t expect some jumped up little jobsworth pouncing on me just because it’s me. Two other members suggesting ‘sticks like sh**’ and old Julian wouldn’t have batted an eyelid. It’s quite pathetic Julian Snidey. I am flattered somewhat though :tearsofjoy:

@Waluigi the difference is Geoff has a proven record on giving the correct advice, your record has yet to be proven.
I asked you if the advice was a guess and you didn't come back and to explain your reasoning behind that advice, hence I said what I said.
if you are to remain here you should rethink your attitude, the way you interact with members, the advice you give and how it is given.
you really are a total knob alot of the time and the sooner you get removed from this site the better imho.

perhaps we should have a poll ? Should @Waluigi stay or go

J

Just Rizzle

the stuff ive used is low modular silicone do not use high mod as can affect plastic pannels

G

GoneGuy

I have fitted quite a few of pvc panels and always used the adhesive that is recommended with it.
I would check with the pvc manufacturer to make sure they are suitable for a steam room.
I have used a heat gun to make the panels flexible for curved walls etc. So I think with the panels being under the stress of a steam room they will deform pretty quick.

D

Dumbo

Last steam room I did , tiled the curved ceiling with mosaics . Maybe you should consider over boarding your ceiling with jackoboard , seal only the joints and screw holes and then tile it .

Reply to Sticking Pvc to tanking in the Tanking and Wetrooms area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
A little help guys. I've been asked to price 71sqm of limestone flooring. My issue is this...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am planning to tile a full height panel of split face tiles to sit 3” behind a log...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen