Search the forum,

Discuss Who uses square notched trowels for walls? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

H

Harry the tiler

i use 6-10mm on walls dependent on tiles etc. and 10mm on floors, and yep theres more tilers around now than traffic wardens, us older tilers have matured like fine cheese..lol

S

SP Tiling Plc

depending on what tiles you are using but on kitchen walls or non wet room a 6mm square notch trowel is prob best. for ceramics 3mm. wet rooms or tanked substrates a v notched shower trowel would do the job, floors again would stick with a 10mm u notch thick bed solid bed gives 99% coverage on the tile

V

versatilene

There's a lot of rubbish and hype around about trowels. Find what suits you for spreading how you want to give the result you want. Iv'e tried lots got rubi and marshaltown in the box (getting rusty) but the trowels that work for me and I use all the time I bought in Spain while on holiday, bog standard from the ironmongers. Slightly longer and wider than normal and with solid wooden handles attached to the metal at both ends. various sizes (got 4) Brilliant and VERY cheap to buy, Roll on next holiday, that's my present to myself.

S

sc24

6mm square notch on walls 10mm round on floors, also got a 7mm for walls just in case you need that extra bit, always used to use the bal 6mm round notch on walls, dont seem to see much of them now

F

Fred

Generally, I use an 8mm trowel on walls, and powder gear. I find it gives me a few more mm's to play with. I have used upto 12mm with these hugh porcelain tiles, ended up 3m2 a bag of adhesive.:sad_smile:

Reply to Who uses square notched trowels for walls? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi, I'm new to the forum and fairly new to tiling, my only previous "proper" job was my recent...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Just wanting some advice and wondering what the pros in here are using nowadays for...
Replies
Views
Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for...
Replies
Views
I've got an AKW Tuff form shower tray with a waste that is 10mm above the tray when fully...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen