Currently reading:
What is on your xmas tool wishlist.

Search the forum,

Discuss What is on your xmas tool wishlist. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com.

Yes I know it's heavy but after splitting down an old version of the 10m I realised it was doable even for me.

Out of interesr what do each of the wieghts refer to in the make up of the 63kg , I take it the 6kg is the stand so it's just the other bits I wanted to know.

IE: the machine itself and the sliding bed. To me it felt like the sliding bed was heazvier than the machine itself.

Diggy

S

Sigma UK

Yes I know it's heavy but after splitting down an old version of the 10m I realised it was doable even for me.

Out of interesr what do each of the wieghts refer to in the make up of the 63kg , I take it the 6kg is the stand so it's just the other bits I wanted to know.

IE: the machine itself and the sliding bed. To me it felt like the sliding bed was heazvier than the machine itself.

Diggy

That's it. Sliding bed 22k not sure if they add the metal blade cover, guide rails to this though. Machine 33kg and stand 6kg. That feels pretty light though.

D

DHTiling

Yeh I've cut some long stuff on my sms 202 , but the job I've got coming are have stone tiles some of which looked ( didnt measure them was just sussing out the job ) around 1m-1.2m long by 600mm.

Trouble is I might not have access to the cutter I usually borrow , hence my ( serious ) enquiries.

Diggy

The way i look at it is..... If you buy the 10M9.. then you have the machine for future jobs and not relying on having to borrow another trades machine and the risk of damage to it etc..

yes the machine is not the cheapest but it is one hell of a cutter... and will serve you for many yrs to come... the weight isn't an issue to me either as the dewalt isn't a light machine anyway.. so breaking the 10M9 into 2 sections to carry about isn't a biggy issue..IMO..

Well I do my share of stone , not all the time admittedly but tbh I need a new cutter and I'd rather spend it on something like the 10m and use it occasionaly and keep my old sms going for normal stuff.

Just be nice to know it's there tbh.

The money isn't really the issue , although I know it's a lot ,I think over the years it will pay for itself and some even if I don't use it all the time.

Diggy

Well it's got to be between the 9m6 and the 10m9 , hmmmmm.

I suppose 1m long stone is going to be quite rare , 600mm is more the norm . By bevel i take it you mean the bit with the measurements on at the front of the bed?

The continuous cutting thing is that red rail on the right they re refering to?

Also if go for the 9m6 I could afford a surface plane laser. :)

Diggy

Reply to What is on your xmas tool wishlist. in the Canada Tile Advice area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement