Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

Old Mod

723B39F9-6333-4E5E-8D07-B8298B2D0C40.jpeg 5CB74566-9BFF-40C6-9CFF-7DA8865C251C.jpeg

B

Bill

Well here is a little job I was asked to do blind via a 'mate' .... you know the usual.... 'It's only a small job, about 4m and we have already got the tiles............

Anyho, I turned up to the existing floor, underground basement up on the moors in Rochdale........ (no Cyril Smith jokes please), when I say underground I mean not under the house but underground into the bedrock.

kinell.......i muttered

The blue tiles are laid onto a vinyl/linoleum (tis that old) acting as a decoupler, but it was like the seven seas.

So I persuaded the owner it has to all come up if you want to match the existing floor tiles (just visible in one photo)

So off I went to get good old sand and cement and screeded the floor back to some sort of flastishness (after removing floor tiles and lino of course) and preceded to screed. Going back next week to tile it.

20180720_094515.jpg 20180720_094529.jpg 20180720_094554.jpg 20180720_131524.jpg

O

Old Mod

So I persuaded the owner it has to all come up if you want to match the existing floor tiles (just visible in one photo)

That’s really kool Tom, thanks for sharing, don’t forget to finish the story tho. :)

Looks deep enough to bury a body! :D
Wife ok is she? Haha :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen