Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
O

One Day

It’s a thankless task at the best of times Mark. I’m actually going thro something very similar at the moment. Very few actually grasp the complexity at the best of times.
Quite simply because they only work in 2d.
I had two pieces of bookmatched magnum delivered and they should have been reflected patterns, you know how.
Instead they were identical.
I called the designer and explained the problem (3 week lead time for more). I kid you not, she said "why can't you just rotate one of them?"
I had to get her to draw on a piece of paper (over the phone) for her to understand what I meant...
"oh yeah..." she says eventually.

As for returns inside niches... I've stopped trying to explain that one. Now I just keep my offcuts and get on with it....

O

Old Mod

Quite simply because they only work in 2d.
I had two pieces of bookmatched magnum delivered and they should have been reflected patterns, you know how.
Instead they were identical.
I called the designer and explained the problem (3 week lead time for more). I kid you not, she said "why can't you just rotate one of them?"
I had to get her to draw on a piece of paper (over the phone) for her to understand what I meant...
"oh yeah..." she says eventually.

As for returns inside niches... I've stopped trying to explain that one. Now I just keep my offcuts and get on with it....

Haha you’re not using the same tile as me are you Mark?
I’m using the Florim Calacatta Gold, 2 sets.
Unfortunately I had to cut a large part of the design off! There’s no internal wrap.
Because I have to have a joint in the centre
Of the diverter.
All the vein on far left of the slab bad to be removed. Easy wrap, crap effect.

138DE58C-343D-46B8-8C34-43B4167DAA6F.jpeg 7968030E-B931-4738-A8CC-403E6040916F.jpeg

M

MTiler

This is a very unique steam room Ive been working on for the past month. Its in a new Wellness Centre and Spa at Broughton Hall in North Yorkshire.
Its made of preformed Wedi, thats then had a resin coat painted on with a bit of sharp sand to give it a 'key'. I used Kerakolls No Limits Bio Gel with their Fugalite Bio epoxy in anthracite. So glad I asked for Kerakolls epoxy as I got through 40 pots. The rounded edged mosaics were a pig to clean and Fugalite made a difficult job easier. The mosaics are 11mm metalic glazed plastic faced ceramics by Botteganove.
The gold graduated blended sheets I made at home before hand.
The room was designed by Milk Leisure Ltd. Lights and steam outlet etc still to be fitted.

48767_01_Freigabe_f page 1.jpg P1010187.jpg P1010191.jpg P1010193.JPG P1010195.jpg P1010202.jpg P1010205.jpg P1010185.JPG

O

One Day

That's really special Sharon. Organic and flowing. Very impressive.
Can I ask how long you spent on it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen