Search the forum,

Discuss Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

WetSaw

Would you swap your lifestyle for mine?

That hypothetical question is impossible to answer as neither of us know what each others life is really like. I know that I would love to be able to produce jobs of your standard but you have mentioned the word "children" before and that is something that I've absolutely no interest in at all!

O

Old Mod

That hypothetical question is impossible to answer!

Haha I was more kinda being a lot more general than that Paul, give me strength oh Lord. Haha

On a very shallow level Paul would you choose lifestyle A. or B.?

A. Get to do this kind of work, but......Live amongst the hustle bustle that is London, where it took me approximately 90-120 mins to get to work and sometimes longer to get home everyday. (13 miles away) Having to deal with site agents on a daily basis who know less than the ground workers outside, and who really don’t give a damn about what your job entails. Where the cost of living is bloody absurd and costs up to £150 a week just to take your car to work let alone run it. Blah blah

Or........

B. Do mainly remedial work...... and live where you do, with the weather being so much kinda than here. Enjoying a much slower pace of life, where everything is put off until tomorrow. Where everyone and everything appears to be much more chilled out. :)

I know what I’d chose.

W

WetSaw

I would have to say B. However, the grass is very rarely as green as it appears on the other side...

O

Old Mod

I would have to say B. However, the grass is very rarely as green as it appears on the other side...
I don’t think that greener is the word I’d use Paul, just different, and yes it is somewhat appealing as I get older and older and bloody older haha

W

WetSaw

I don’t think that greener is the word I’d use Paul, just different, and yes it is somewhat appealing as I get older and older and bloody older haha

I honestly would really struggle to live in the UK now. Life, in general, is much better here but I'm working harder for less money than I ever have!

O

Old Mod

I honestly would really struggle to live in the UK now. Life, in general, is much better here but I'm working harder for less money than I ever have!
Spose there’s always some kind of trade off? eh Paul.

W

WetSaw

.....and things are evolving in my working life which should mean the work/life balance getting a bit better.

O

Old Mod

Kool, that sounds promising mate. You’re not the type to jump the gun, so the fact that you’ve mentioned it must mean you stand a good chance. Good news mate. :):thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Show Us YOUR Work Thread - Tilers Pictures in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I spend some time in doorways. NOTE THAT DAN HAS CREATED THIS NEW 2024 SHOW US YOUR TILE...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen