Search the forum,

Discuss Tanking shower area on new plasterboard and skim in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi, trying to find my way around this question. We had a new bathroom built, it was plasterboarded and skimmed in September. We're now ready to install the bathroom suite and tile. I understand that I should drank the area around the shower/bath before tiling. Can I apply the liquid waterproof membrane directly onto the new skim or does it need priming? In hindsight, it would have probably been better to use cement board in the bathroom and not to skim the shower area, but it's done now.. Also, can I apply the waterproof membrane to the chipboard floor to make it watertight underneath the floor tiles?

Reply to Tanking shower area on new plasterboard and skim in the Tanking and Wetrooms Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen