Search the forum,

Discuss Removing efflorescence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

W

wetdec

Thank you for that halt on things !!!

Re your post :

But if you use cristallisation on floors exhibiting efflorecence you will then make your problem worse by leaving yourself open to spalling wont you ??

tiler

S

Spud

no not always when you cristallise the floor the wire wool pads are doing the work of the removal of the salts i have removed light efflorense by cristrallising floors and its sorted it but again it seems pointless talking about this subject as every situation is differrent to any other

W

wetdec

As christalisation would involve the holding in of the problem due to the surface closure and could take all day to disect, i think your right it would be pointles.

tiler

B

Branty

I don't think Kev was talking about cristalisation. Im sure he wouldn't recomend this.

As far as Im aware, and Im no expert. When you cristalise a stone, you create a hard shiney layer on top of the stone. If you use this to remove effloresence, and the cause of the effloresence is in the substrate, then all you do is lock in the problem

W

wetdec

I don't think Kev was talking about cristalisation. Im sure he wouldn't recomend this.

As far as Im aware, and Im no expert. When you cristalise a stone, you create a hard shiney layer on top of the stone. If you use this to remove effloresence, and the cause of the effloresence is in the substrate, then all you do is lock in the problem

You are correct on both counts I believe :thumbsup:

tiler

T

TilingLogistics

Bang on

The cause of the Efflorescence has to be solved otherwise its a finger in the dyke job. What is the point of getting rid of effloresence if just reoccurs?

Kev
----
Fact: If effloresence occurs in Natural stone and you wet grind, hone or polish it will reoccur.

Fact: You must establish the cause whether that be the DPM or anything else you need to stop the problem at source or you are wasting your time.

Effloresence can be sorted in any situation provided you deal with it in clear logical steps:thumbsup:

Kev

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to Removing efflorescence in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you...
Replies
Views
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen