Currently reading:
Price Check Marble, Porcelain 7 Mosaic

Discuss Price Check Marble, Porcelain 7 Mosaic in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

O

Old Mod

Dam, I keep disagreeing with Marc :( obviously it depends on areas and clients, but
I think that's a good price for it, I'd buy a bullnose bit of ATS and some polishing pads, cost you around £100, I got some for some limestone steps I did , cracking bit of kit :)

Haha u can disagree as much as u want Craig, haha
He's got 3 Windows, 2 externals as well
All the messing about with mosaic.
Not sure how a profiling bit would work on that Crema tho, they're very aggressive! May blow the edges to pieces.
Tbh think that's unecessary, spend as much time rubbing the scores from the wheel out as u would just doing it by hand.
That stuff is so soft and breaks across the fischers on the thin stuff soon as u look at it!
But hey ho! :rolleyes:
If we didn't disagree what would be the point of the forum Craig?;)

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Chrome trim it is (customer requested it today).

Cutting outside in the front garden which is actually on a 45deg slope. Big dog to be kept away from me in the back garden, but just been informed today that there is another big dog that does not bite. The other dog is free to roam the house and front garden!

Going to add the trim to the quote and add a couple of extra days labour.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
Thinking about it (whilst drinking Guinness West Indies Porter) I could order a polishing set off Alan (ATS) and give polishing the marble a go. It's ages since I used Crema Marfil. I guess I could always buy a sample tile from Topps and practise.

Sean Kelly

TF
Arms
Ruislip
I have come to my decision:
Labour 8 days.
Mats: Addy, grout, sealer, chrome trim, Hardiebacker or Ditra.
Comes to £1,812
If I do it quicker then I'll give some back.
I have not seen the state of the walls yet because demolition of the old bathroom has not yet commenced. Also, I might have to reinstate the toilet before I go each night!
If the tiles from Topps are the same tiles I used a couple of years ago then they are a nightmare as they just fall apart in my hand.

AD Ceramics

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Manchester
I have come to my decision:
Labour 8 days.
Mats: Addy, grout, sealer, chrome trim, Hardiebacker or Ditra.
Comes to £1,812
If I do it quicker then I'll give some back.
I have not seen the state of the walls yet because demolition of the old bathroom has not yet commenced. Also, I might have to reinstate the toilet before I go each night!
If the tiles from Topps are the same tiles I used a couple of years ago then they are a nightmare as they just fall apart in my hand.

Double that Sean if it crap from Topps pal.

AliGage

TF
Arms
Subscribed
I don't like trims with stone but have had customers insist on it in the past

I've always managed to talk them out of it. Never done trim with stone. I'd sooner Polish the edges at no charge!

Chrome trim it is (customer requested it today).

Cutting outside in the front garden which is actually on a 45deg slope. Big dog to be kept away from me in the back garden, but just been informed today that there is another big dog that does not bite. The other dog is free to roam the house and front garden!

Going to add the trim to the quote and add a couple of extra days labour.

As above. Trim will ruin it imo

Reply to Price Check Marble, Porcelain 7 Mosaic in the Australia Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement