Currently reading:
polish tilers?

Search the forum,

Discuss polish tilers? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

R

raf76

ok..i'm polish tiler..and i know lot of polish tilers all over the europe....i can imagine that ther is plenty of stereotypes about polish,scotish,german etc. builders..and other ocupations...i have lot of english buildiers as a friends and nobody complains on polish tilers(hahah)..the problem is that many polish(all east europe)people coming to England for "better"life(!???) and they put the prices ****ing down!!!I hate this as well....I always hold the prices comparing to country where i am...but some people dont understend this simple rules of economy..so what to do??!!I think that it will change automatically because prices in Poland are growing up year per year...for example now in Warsaw i can get more for 1m2 that in Leicestershire!!!!! thanks...

D

Deleted member 1779

I saw a polish plumber on telly last night.

AllwrightMatthew1T.jpg

Oh no - sorry my mistake - it wasnt a polish plumber.

It was "Matt Alwight" dressed up as "Jimmy" the polish plumber on his series "Rouge Traders" Silly me.

How they can get away with that is beyond me in this PR world we live in.

G

GazTech

Seems to be alot of fuss about polish tradesmen coming to the uk to work but seems to me that did we complain when we went to germany to work or even over to spain and now some peeps are going to oz to work so whats the difference.....most are skilled tradesmen so it must be a good thing not a bad one.........i,m all for it..............dave...
Totally agree..if you are worried about foreign tilers taking your work ....then step up to the mark and compete...at least your customer can speak our lingo...thats your first advantage.....Gaz

R

Ric

One of the reasons i have taken to the tiling is as a self employed cleaner making goodish money, over the last year or so i have lost out on contracts and lost a big contract because of cheaper quotes going in from the foreign guys. To be honest, i thank them because it has made me get off my backside and train to do the tiling which i am absolutely loving!! I don't think it matters who's doing the work just as long as its good quality and people keep the prices right so everyone has a chance!! like Gaz says, healthy competition is a good thing, makes you up your game...Rik

J

Jimmy 2

One of the reasons i have taken to the tiling is as a self employed cleaner making goodish money, over the last year or so i have lost out on contracts and lost a big contract because of cheaper quotes going in from the foreign guys. To be honest, i thank them because it has made me get off my backside and train to do the tiling which i am absolutely loving!! I don't think it matters who's doing the work just as long as its good quality and people keep the prices right so everyone has a chance!! like Gaz says, healthy competition is a good thing, makes you up your game...Rik

Reply to polish tilers? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

• Article
Revamp Your Space on a Budget: Where to Find Affordable and Quality Cheap Floor Tiles When it comes to transforming your living space, few changes can make as dramatic an impact as new flooring...
Replies
Views
  • Poll
Have you ever worked for a National Tile Supplier or even just smaller big chain tile suppliers? I'll tell you a funny story about how I got a job with Topps Tiles Newcastle and got top sales...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Water Damaged Shower Repairs Shower tile repair – water damage – tile waterproofing Do you have shower leakage that goes downstairs leading to either your main floor or basement? Read this blog...
Replies
Views
Hello there, Relatively recently we had a new en-suite fitted (complete rip out of the old fittings, and old wall tiles and floor carpet). This consisted of a quadrant shower enclosure, a...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.