Discuss Lithofin cleaner on new grout in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com.

Reaction score
Hi

My tiler didn’t clean the grout haze from my new porcelain tiled floor. It’s not a glazed or polished porcelain.

I have used lithofin cement residue remover on the whole floor but I didn’t saturate the grout joints with water first. I lightly sprayed the floor with water before applying the lithofin.

Unfortunately, the lithofin has attacked the grout and darkened it in patches all over the floor. The floor is dry but the patches remain.

I used the lithofin only 24 hours after the grouting had been completed. Was this too soon to use such a product?

Is there anyway to restore the grout or will I need to re-grout please?

Thanks

T

Tile Life 11111

It shouldn't discolour grout. maybe the grout was slightly lighter than it should have been from salts efflorescence etc. Try doing one grout line with a 50/50 whatever solution ( read back of tin) . Use a small grout scrubbing brush to agitate and see if they become a consistent colour

Reaction score
It shouldn't discolour grout. maybe the grout was slightly lighter than it should have been from salts efflorescence etc. Try doing one grout line with a 50/50 whatever solution ( read back of tin) . Use a small grout scrubbing brush to agitate and see if they become a consistent colour

Reaction score
Thanks! I think the grout was appearing lighter than it should have been. I have since cleaned the floor again with a weaker concentration of Lithofin. This time I used a scrubbing brush for a few minutes then washed it off with water then towel dried it. I think I must have got dirt in the grout joints on the first attempt. The cement / grout haze is gone and the grout looks much better now!

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score

Reply to Lithofin cleaner on new grout in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

There are similar tiling threads here

Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Bathroom floor. I would be grateful for advice on how to prepare my bathroom sub floor ready for...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

Replies you've not seen

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowpaul22