Search the forum,

Discuss How many builders do this!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Doing a 40sqm Porcelain floor for a local builder at the moment. This is the first job i have done for him, he called into the site today and asked when will i be finished. I said tomorrow...Ok he said i will get the carpet fitter in on thursday!!! Why i asked? He said on all his big floors he gets his mate who is a carpet fitter to lay a cheap carpet on top of the tiling to protect it untill he hands the complete job over to the client...Not many builders do that. :thumbsup: Was going to upload photo of floor but finding new site a bit difficult at the moment to find things...:lol:

E

enduro

There was an electrician their today who started to chop out sockets in the utility room i had already done...No dust sheet, so i said to him if you mess my grout up i will chop all of your wires off...I was so mad that i had made all this effort on laying a nice floor for the customer then a idiot turns up to ruin it..He could see i was not happy and went and got his dust sheets.

E

enduro

Here is a photo of the floor before i have grouted it. It is a porcelain tile that looks like natural stone and im going to grout with Limestone grout. This tile is fantastic and looks so much like natural stone. Client said it cost £40 sqm and was more than natural stone but without the maintenance. mountfield 2 007.jpg

T

The Legend; Phil Hobson RIP

There was an electrician their today who started to chop out sockets in the utility room i had already done...No dust sheet, so i said to him if you mess my grout up i will chop all of your wires off...I was so mad that i had made all this effort on laying a nice floor for the customer then a idiot turns up to ruin it..He could see i was not happy and went and got his dust sheets.

Good to see the builder respecting your work, but that sparks. I have had that happen , so many times.:mad2::thumbsdown::thumbsup:

Reply to How many builders do this!!! in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.