Discuss Hi There, new to the place in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hello everyone,
My names Fraser I have been in the motor trade for 17 years, after falling out with cars daily for the last few years i fancied a change. I have been on a weeks beginners tiling course to refresh my skills, I have done a few DIY jobs in the past and helped some joiner friends with kitchen splashbacks, bathrooms but nothing in depth tiling wise. I am currently setting up my own company and going to give it a shot at doing tiling full time while putting myself through the proper qualifications and working.
Just thought I'd introduce myself as I will probably have questions over the next while.
Thanks for reading
Fraser

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Send us some pictures of your jobs!
Thank you,

Have you been in the tiling game long "Tile Marble Granite?
I haven't got any pictures of jobs I've completed yet as all of jobs with joiner were years ago. I have pictures from my tiling course but your bound to have seen them more times than you've had hot dinners. Here you are anyway. Not that special as its only styles really. I have 6 or 7 family and friends bathrooms and kitchens to complete over next 2 months so will post them when finished.

Attachments

• 20240216_123908.jpg
    423.8 KB · Views: 12
  • 20240212_120814.jpg
    505.1 KB · Views: 16

Tile Marble Granite

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Over two decades and counting. Always start tiling from the middle to get big cuts on both sides and the walls need be sitting on top of the floor, that will eliminate the gaps. Your best bet is to tile the floor first then the walls.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Over two decades and counting. Always start tiling from the middle to get big cuts on both sides and the walls need be sitting on top of the floor, that will eliminate the gaps. Your best bet is to tile the floor first then the walls.
Ahh good stuff so you've seen most things over that stretch then. Brilliant thanks for the advice mate 👍 again I would like to learn more through online courses and stuff but have been told hands on is the best approach.

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum - always lovely to welcome a new member! I hope the budget is kind to you today!

Reply to Hi There, new to the place in the The Welcome Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks