Search the forum,

Discuss Glitter grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Diamond Pool Finishers

all of the above applies , and if possible try and make enough grout to do the whole lot in one go , and be prepared to be a glitter fairy , the stuff gets everywhere :lol:
so have Fun Mate
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xw9PjOalcpI]YouTube - The Glitter Band - Rock n Roll Part II (Hey Song) & I Can't Stop[/ame] :thumbsup:

T

tfs

Work as clean as you can, the less epoxy you leave on the tile as you spread the easier it is to clean.

Be carefull not to get any grout on furnature or any other areas as if you do it will be a nightmare to remove.

mix with a mixing paddle to help get a better mix.

In my experience the grout has always looked less glittery during mixing than what it does once applied to the tiles so, be carefull not to add too much glitter unless this is the effect you are hoping to achieve.

Bare in mind that this stuff is expensive so if you cant grout a full tubs worth at once it may prove to be even more pricy than you think. (get another pair of hands to help if needed)

:thumbsup:

S

Spud

Thanks all for the replies :thumbsup:

Managed to get it done no probs, wasn't as bad as i thought, cleaning up was a bit more of a chore though!

Not sure its worth the £80 per tub the customer paid, could you not just add glitter through normal grout??? Or is that just daft :lol:
it doesnt work well with normal grout ,if your customer had searched a bit it can be found for less:smilewinkgrin:

U

user123

(know this threads a few months old, but) Would have liked to use glitter grout on current job but was quoted 125 quid for a 3kg tub and minimum 3 bags of glitter !!

I know!!! It's shockingly expensive, what is that glitter, gold???
angry013.gif

Reply to Glitter grout in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Make sure to mark a post as a solution for better transparency.

There are similar tiling threads here

• Question
I have moved into a new house and want to tile the downstairs bathroom walls. Its not a big room but my wife likes the idea of a feature wall tile and then a grey / white tile on the other 3...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The homeowner of the property I'm working on has just come to me and asked if anything can be done about...
Replies
Views
https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/shower-bath-tiling-preparation-plaster-and-wooden-windowsill.83462/#gsc.tab=0 There was some heated argument in the above thread! I don't have much...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm just a home owner who doesn't have much experience with tiling but I'm looking for advice on fixing a few problems that a professional left me with. He of course has not responded to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.