Search the forum,

Discuss Gentle reminder to Tilers quoting NOW for work in 2010 - You MUST change the VAT back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

D

Deleted member 1779

As we get closer to the end of year I can imagine that as professional tilers many of you will already be quoting jobs in the new year.

Its important for any tiler who is VAT registered to remember that the VAT is moving from 15% to 17.5% as of the 1st Jan 2010

Any work you do after that date will attract the full increase EVEN IF YOU QUOTE this year.

Effective immediately any quotations you supply now should be breaking down the prices with 17.5% shown on your estimates and not 15%.

Of course any work you do between now and over Christmas can be charged at the current rate of 15%

Its amazing how fast the time flies and with less than 2 months to go also be prepared for those last minute requests to fit work in ahead of the deadline !

B

brian c

Re: Gentle reminder to Tilers quoting NOW for work in 2010 - You MUST change the VAT

cheers for the reminder Richard but doesnt effect myself...yet!:smilewinkgrin:

D

Deleted member 1779

Re: Gentle reminder to Tilers quoting NOW for work in 2010 - You MUST change the VAT

The Crazy thing as well is that on goods then there is no real change for the customer.

For example our best seller retails at £49.99
With the 15% VAT that's £43.47 + VAT instead of £42.55 + VAT
We are not going to increase the price to £51.24 just because of the VAT change. We are just going to make less money next year on a kit.

I'm not scrapping and reprinting our brochures and leaflets for the whim of the government with price changes. I'd rather just lose the 92p !

W

White Room

Not vat registered :ban:

D

Deleted member 1779

As per today's budget the good news is VAT is not 20% !!
Its reverting back to 17.5%
Bad News is that there was no stay of execution deferring it to Feb or March 2010.

The exemption for pubs is that at midnight your beer wont go up an extra 2.5% because the news is that the 15% rate flows into the next day. Just watch them taxi cabs who will already be running on tariff:3

Tiling related you could offer your customers the chance to pay their invoice now at 15% to save themselves some dosh. Sorry for anyone who is not VAT registered as I know this thread doesnt have anything in it for you.

If your not VAT registered and are buying goods it might affect you if your suppliers intend to increase the price of goods then you could offer to buy now and save ?

Reply to Gentle reminder to Tilers quoting NOW for work in 2010 - You MUST change the VAT back in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

Hi all! Just wondering what the best advice is for book-keeping? Been self employed now for a...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Good morning all. After a little advice. I'll post pictures a bit later. However.... The...
Replies
Views

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen