Currently reading:
Amtico or Ceramic, stone etc????

Discuss Amtico or Ceramic, stone etc???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

L

loopyloo

I had found a lovely spacia contour amtico floor (earthern) but my builder asked me to tread on the sample wearing a stiletto heel, it left an indentation, which kind of went away (mostly).:yikes:
He has never fitted this type of floor and it left me doubtful that it would be suitable in my kitchen, as I want to have a couple of small stools for family to perch on (or me!). He suggested ceramic - I wanted a natural looking, textured, matt, not glossy finish, which is why the earthern fitted the bill. :drool5: Any comments would be welcome. I have south facing kitchen which is mostly warm, so no underfloor heating required. I have been told a ceramic floor will only crack/damage if something like a microwave is dropped on it.

Many thanks

I

Ian

Bit strange that the spacia tile kept an indentation that didn't go away, a mate of mine fits amtico and has done so for 11 years, he fits it in offices and shops such as superdrug marks and sparks and these companies use it for the simple fact that it is hard wearing and can cope with massive footfall. I agree with the comments that porcelain is a beter tile for a kitchen but amtico/amtico spacia is suitable also. PS leave your microwave on the worksurface, don't carry it around! :)

L

loopyloo

oh well now I'm really confused! I looked at the sample again this morning and I couldn't see where I'd trodden to be honest. I just want something that will last for years .... which is why we went for a stone floor originally. I was drawn to the Amtico Space Contour because of its warmth and colour and the fact it was hardwearing. Is there anybody out there who has Amtico themselves and can let me know how they've got on with it? THANKS EVERYONE

C

Catkin 51

I had a light coloured porcelain tile. It showed the dirt badly and cracked where the dishwasher and fridge had been pulled out for repair. If the smallest splash of water fell on the floor and was then walked on, it left a dirty mark. I was so fed up with cleaning it that I replaced it with a mid grey wood effect amtico. Much better. Far easier to clean and the floor feels warmer.

Reply to Amtico or Ceramic, stone etc???? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe had worn away over the past 70 years, causing a small crack in the copper. A plumber/builder fixed...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

You're browsing the UK Tiling Forum category on TilersForums.com, the tile advice website no matter which country you reside.