Search the forum,

Discuss 1st Job Pics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com.

E

enduro

Nice job mate, but remember if your not happy with the walls and the customer wont do anything about it, walk away even if you havent got any work, be the best let another muppett do it.

C

Concept PHT

I had a classic quote llike this yesterday - developer wants house tiled accordingly. I gets there and the plasterer needed to be shot.

Boards didn't line up on the corners, bonding everywhere and the multi finish bowed on the walls where he had put to much pressure on his stroke. Proper crap job.

So I got the site manager up and pointed this out. He said, 'just quote the job to get it perfect then'. So I did, which basically involved re-skimming the walls and correcting the boards, with some rubbing down of the bonding.

Of course, I din't get the call back as the quote come to nearly £1500 instead of £700 if the walls were true.

But I get the satisfaction of knowing that some other muppet will be spending the rest of his life on that job trying to pack it all out with adhesive and being totally out of his depth.

:)

C

Caledonian Tiling

True mate... a learning curve i wont go round again..!

Gaining experience on every job im on, you cant buy it or learn it anywhere,
again i think you pro tilers are the biz and RESPECT for passing the tips on,
its very much appreciated from this newbee Scots tiler in the making...
icon7.gif

Reply to 1st Job Pics in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

There are similar tiling threads here

I had a small leak in the main water line before the stop tap in my 1950s house. The copper pipe...
Replies
Views
Hi! I'm looking for some advice, I have laid some SLC (Mapei 1210) in our conservatory in...
Replies
Views
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Advertisement

New Tiling Questions

Replies you've not seen