Questions and tiling advice in the Australia Tiling Forum - Australian Tiling Advice, cutting practices, tool selection, which tile adhesives to use and more. Australia Tiling Forum. Australia Tile Installation Advice, Tile Selection Advice for Tilers and D.I.Y Tile Installations. Aussie Tilers and Global Tile Fixers Unite on this Facebook-free Forum. Browse for free with ads or subscribe to be part of the Global Tiling Network.
Search the forum,

Sticky Threads
Hi! Hoping for some advice on fixing this efflorescence. Only have this issue in the shower. Have the same tiles elsewhere without issue. Have tried vinegar, have tried dravco tile cleaner and...
  • abtilequestions
Answers
Views
Hello, All. I found you just now, and needing a bit of advice I thought I'd join up. So far the forum looks like just what I need. See you in the forums. Cheers.
  • Triler
Answers
Views
C
HI I was hoping I could find out some information from you guys. How is the tiling industry over in Australia? I am 32years old and am keen to come over and start our new life. Is there...
  • Craig Shepard
Answers
Views
S
We are having a constant battle with learners and employers of apprentices regarding leaving tile spacers in the joint. This is something I have never done on any job ( that I can...
  • SCCB
2 3
Answers
Views
Cera Nevada
C
Hi there - I’m hoping to get some advice. I’m a builder, based in Melbourne, Australia. I’ve recently done a few bathroom renovations, using a Universal Shower Base, where a fibreglass shower...
  • Melbourne Builder
Answers
Views
G
After using black grout on my beige porcelain matt tiles, it's left stains that won't come off with water on a kitchen sponge scrubber. Is there a correct way/product to do this?
  • gooty
Answers
Views
Normal Threads
R
Good evening. Quick question if I may. I know it's probably been spoken about on many occasions on the forum so I apologise in advance. Went to a job the other day 30m2 of the parquet style tiles...
  • rj1884
Answers
Views
rj1884
R
R
Hi guys! My name is Ruben and I'm a tiler. Can anyone help me make a method statement and risk assessment?
  • R.R
Answers
Views
The Apprentice
T
Whilst knocking off bathroom tiles the other day I uncovered a body that had been entombed for over seven years. The little boy who lived in the house took the mermaid to school to tell his...
  • Sean Kelly
Answers
Views
D
This was installed by a so called tiler/bathroom fitter. As you can see it was all ripped out. The shower trap was connected to nothing so the water would have poured through the ceiling, the...
  • diamondtiling
Answers
Views
diamondtiling
D
C
Hi all. I have managed to stay away from grouting with epoxy for 5 years now. Finally I have a customer today who is insisting on it for his bathroom. I have a couple of questions please. He...
  • cr0ft
Answers
Views
lizzardtong
L
G
just wondered if anyone has tried sealing new grout with silicone spray?
  • glastry
Answers
Views
One Day
O
G
Got these glass mosaic strips to install, they are 8mm deep as are the tiles fitted to the already tanked walls. I was thinking to make an 8mm deep dog leg from something and cut some v notches...
  • gobby
Answers
Views
gobby
G
Did you do anything for pancake day? Our family filling mix is Carrot & Cheese :)
  • High Peak Tiling
Answers
Views
White Room
W
S
I was through for my mates birthday & forgot about this video, it's just resurfaced on face book.. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=752576864752532
  • Stef
Answers
Views
S
S
  • Stef
Answers
Views
White Room
W
A page I stumbled across, Thought best to share with ya'll https://www.facebook.com/pages/There-I-Fixed-It-ish/786720791357393
  • High Peak Tiling
Answers
Views
D
Which European Country Do You Actually Belong In III should be living in France lol, how about you ? :thumbsup:
  • Diamond Pool Finishers
Answers
Views
R
Hi, I just did a small room with star galaxy polished granite tiles. I laid them then sealed them then grouted them. Problem is 1 tile has got an annoying small cloudy patch whereas the rest of...
  • rdmbfossa
Answers
Views
Client has supplied this tanking kit for a wetroom FormSafe Square Tanking Kit 5m | Accessories for Disabled | NoLinksToThis Has anybody used this before? if so what are your opinions on it?
  • andyq
Answers
Views
TJ Smiler
T
C
Afternoon all. Tiled the kitchen splash back at the weekend with a creamy coloured tile. Looking to grout this weekend hopefully, and i'm we are thinking white grout (protected with LTP grout...
  • champ222
Answers
Views
TJ Smiler
T
G
Upgrade due next month, now do I stay with Android and Samsung or something else ? 200 minutes is plenty for me Txts I would like a fair amount and would prefer 1gb Data. Any good deals about at...
  • Gazzer
Answers
Views
Deleted member 9966
D
A
HI people, I have a 2 storey 3 bed semi 1930s ex council house made from concrete block. with cavity and rendered on the outside, rendered and plastered inside. the internal walls are also...
  • ajs
Answers
Views
TJ Smiler
T
G
About to start this bathroom Ive been planning, so wanted to see if anybody here can help out. The Tiles: 1. Walls: 250x400x7mm ceramic BCT Willow tiles. total area = 18sqm 2. Floor: 300x300x7mm...
  • Guitardedleon
Answers
Views
Gazzer
G
M
what you guys think? been watching the news and if this flares up its bye bye uk and usa we don't stand a chance against china and Russia, and if it went nuclear, its bye bye planet earth
  • Mr Tiler
Answers
Views
White Room
W
T
Hi all, Hope you can help me on this one! I have installed a bath with a curved end and want to use slim vertiacal sections of porcelain tiles to create a faeture rather than use a plastic...
  • The Nett
Answers
Views
dobragol
D
Pancake day today ....so who's a tosser. .?..lol
  • Andy Allen
Answers
Views
foggy34
F
Hi all , M8 of mine is laying some Karndean for me at my Ma's house. Got an F-Ball Hygrometer on the floor and getting a constant 95% reading on it. Not having used one before myself ...
  • Diggy
Answers
Views
C
I've been asked to price for replacing a few of these tiles, they have spare tiles but will need cleaned up. 2 questions, can anyone recommend a supplier and 2, grout! It's like a resin grout...
  • charlie1
Answers
Views
lizzardtong
L
P
I've put 2 coats and it dosen't seem to have covered that well. Is it ok to put a third coat on? The instructions imply 2 coats should be enough.
  • provr6
Answers
Views
Qwerty
Q
Hi All, I've just listed a full floor tiling set up of the Raimondi System on the Bay: Raimondi Tile Levelling System | eBay Make me an offer if interested :thumbsup: Cheers, MC :smilewinkgrin:
  • merlecollins
Answers
Views
lizzardtong
L
S
only used a few times on one job 110 volt ok for site work but works off transformer
  • slimfb
Answers
Views
White Room
W
S
The case has never been openned, still sealed up.
  • slimfb
Answers
Views
slimfb
S
W
We've got a travertine floor, and a couple of holes have appeared where the surface has pushed through into a void underneath. Also, one fine crack. I've been looking into repair options, and...
  • WillCalderwood
Answers
Views
A
Currently looking for buy some discontinued Porcelanosa Horizon Marron 33.3 x 33.3cm I need 3 m2 have checked tilesinyourgarage, spent countless hours contacting every supplier that lists them...
  • Aaran
Answers
Views
Aaran
A
I have a bathroom floor to replace in Highate and I am struggling to find the replacement stone tiles. To me they are a 15mm calibrated classic honed sandstone. Small deviation in shades, 600x600...
  • cam_low
Answers
Views
Post a New Thread / Question
Posting a tiling question to the forum? Post in Tilers' Talk if you are unsure which forum to post in. We'll move it if there's a more suitable forum.

Advertisement

Birthdays