• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Your thoughts on coverage? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
Hi
I layed 4 tiles for a customer in a front door entrance. The customer then wanted me to rip up the carpet and tile the whole hallway in the same tiles. This meant taking up the tiles I layed. They came up with no difficulty and saw there was pretty good coverage in under most of the tiles imo (pics atached). I used tilemaster rapid flex and a 14mm solid bed trowel. What do you guys think of the coverage and would you continue with the 14mm solid bed or used a 12mm notched? 450mm glazed porceline tile.
20181120_094802.jpg
20181120_094756.jpg
Concrete screed in a new build which is pretty level and in good condition. Thanks in advance

OP
Anthony Wills
Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply. Yes I back buttered too. I was a little concerned on how easy they came up. Strong bond to the concrete but not the tile. Bit worrying really. So suggestions are; not mixed correctly or maybe started to go off prior to laying the tile, although I did lay straight away?!?!

F

Flintstone

Decent coverage but there's deffinately some moisture there. A little strange after 3 weeks.

D

Dumbo

I'm wondering wether the screed hasn't dried properly and that is why the adhesive hasn't dried .

OP
Anthony Wills
Reaction score
The concrete has been down for 8 years, but this area is by the front door, and turns out this is also where the cat sometimes decides to empty it's bladder, thought it was a bit stinky :mask: I am not a cat fan

D

Dumbo

The concrete has been down for 8 years, but this area is by the front door, and turns out this is also where the cat sometimes decides to empty it's bladder, thought it was a bit stinky :mask: I am not a cat fan
How is that a new build then .

S

Spud

Can't see any issue there ,what is your concern ? If you are looking for a greater bond strength you need to upgrade from rapidflex which is a c2 rapid to a full on S1 like setaflex , the tiles were well bedded and went going anywhere if you had not hit them with a hammer

OP
Anthony Wills
Reaction score
Can't see any issue there ,what is your concern ? If you are looking for a greater bond strength you need to upgrade from rapidflex which is a c2 rapid to a full on S1 like setaflex , the tiles were well bedded and went going anywhere if you had not hit them with a hammer
Cheers for the reply Gary. I was mainly conceded how easily they came up considering I had good coverage and back buttered and have never actually had to take my tiles up before after 3 weeks (well never) so didn't know what to expect. I'm not the most experienced tiler so was just after opinions and advice from the wonderful people on here. I'm putting it down to the adhesive not being fully cured due to time, draft and cat p*ss.

L

LM

By all accounts Tilemaster adhesive is some of the best product you can use, I’ve never personally used it. If you have mixed and used the adhesive correctly and with clean water of course then I’d be concerned as to why after three weeks it hasn’t cured. Could be one for the lab this one.

Reply to Your thoughts on coverage? in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer