Discuss Your advice for new tilers in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Lou

Admin
Staff member
Esteemed
Reaction score
If you could give one piece of solid advice to new tilers to help them in their jobs what would it be?

I

Italy

you never finish learning.
Therefore, a tiler, remains always an apprentice, every day a surprise, or a novelty. learn to steal every day, something new.
if you think you have arrived, you're not a real tiler.

D

Dumbo

Quote accurately . Make sure your quotes make clear what you are going to do. I do not remove waste , you know what it's like going to dump . That is clear on quote . I also make clear no remedial work is involved other than what has been quoted for . Specify Wether you are supplying or not supplying fixing materials and or tiles . The list is endless but most important payment terms .

Last edited by a moderator:
H

hmtiling

be prepared to work for little money when starting out. leaving the job looking as good as you can without compromising fixing methods. if this means doing prep you might not get paid for so be it. when your reputation is good you can charge more than the rest and demand the prep is spot on or charge accordingly.

Reply to Your advice for new tilers in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks