Discuss wundafloorheating..co.uk - question in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

bluesky

TF
Arms
Reaction score
hi all , been asked to quote for 800x800 porcs on wundafloor underfloor heating - eps 400 . seems to be a 25mm pipe in a insulation board which you then tile straight onto with no laytexing over required as the pipe sits tight into a channel . anyone come across this too of ufh and any advice appreciated as normally involves in warmup or similar.
thanks ,

O

Old Mod

This stuff should be outlawed.
The eps 400 sits in a polystyrene panel with an aluminium coating.
Aluminium and Portland don’t mix very well, it’s surrounded by controversy at best and this is why

https://www.tilersforums.com/threads/retro-fit-ufh-hydrogen-gas-causes-floor-failure.83724/

Both Mapei and Ultra adhesives maintain with their method statement everything is fine.
The amount of failures I know about would throw this in to question.

This product seems to have arrived very unceremoniously recently from what we can tell and seems to be a solution, however, strangely they suggest it be loose laid! Certainly not for me, I would want it mechanically fixed right through to substrate, then that should offer some form of peace of mind for you.

https://www.wundatrade.co.uk/shop/home/accessories/tools-accessories-2/4mm-backer-board/

Good luck.

Reaction score
I have done 1 job with this stuff,I was very sceptical as it does go against everything we are taught,I didn’t have any involvement in fixing the boards but I insisted they were fixed,I followed the tech sheet to the letter and fitted ditra with keraquick/latex after eco prim on the foil the tiles were 1200x300 Wood effect porcelain and it seems to be ok,lot of work tho

Uheat - Jake

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Reaction score
EPS boards just aren't up to the job when it comes to tiles. If your customer is looking for something that has minimum floor build up and keeps the levels low then your only option is a gypsum panel. Soild panel which is mechanically fixed to the sub floor

Reply to wundafloorheating..co.uk - question in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northern Tiler
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks