Discuss Would you sell your soul to the Devil for one of these? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

C

Concrete guy

The thing about stuff like Veyron's (supercars and hypercars in general) is the idea of owning one is often far better than the reality.

To a lesser degree I wanted to buy something silly last year,(I'm 50 next year so this was a full on mid life crisis) not a Veyron, I'd need to sell a lot of grinder blades and holesaws to afford one of those.

I'd narrowed it down to what I wanted, found one at the right price and went to test drive it.

It was insanely fast, so fast I didn't know what to do with it. I'm not sure where I'd use it and it was so powerful everything was effortless to a degree of being dull as you could never get it up to the exciting loud bit without being in three figures, which means being on a track or a runway and I don't live near either of those.

So I left disappointed, that something I'd wanted for so long turned out to be not what I wanted at all, it kind of burst my bubble and caused a complete rethink. So I'm now looking for something older and a bit more analogue that actually needs driving to enjoy.

O

Old Mod

So I left disappointed, that something I'd wanted for so long turned out to be not what I wanted at all, it kind of burst my bubble and caused a complete rethink. So I'm now looking for something older and a bit more analogue that actually needs driving to enjoy.

And I think you’ve left the rest of us suitably depressed too Alan, thanks for that! :D:p

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
The thing about stuff like Veyron's (supercars and hypercars in general) is the idea of owning one is often far better than the reality.

To a lesser degree I wanted to buy something silly last year,(I'm 50 next year so this was a full on mid life crisis) not a Veyron, I'd need to sell a lot of grinder blades and holesaws to afford one of those.

I'd narrowed it down to what I wanted, found one at the right price and went to test drive it.

It was insanely fast, so fast I didn't know what to do with it. I'm not sure where I'd use it and it was so powerful everything was effortless to a degree of being dull as you could never get it up to the exciting loud bit without being in three figures, which means being on a track or a runway and I don't live near either of those.

M3,4 or 5

O

Old Mod

My current daily is an S6 Avant.
Haha okaaaaay then!
Then I got nothing! :p

There’s a new American car out, was on top gear recently.
Can’t recall what it was tho, sure they said it was the fastest production car available.
Cheap too, in comparison anyway. :)

John Benton

TF
Arms
Reaction score
What did you test drive

May have to go for the Aston v12 then

C

Concrete guy

Haha okaaaaay then!
Then I got nothing! :p

There’s a new American car out, was on top gear recently.
Can’t recall what it was tho, sure they said it was the fastest production car available.
Cheap too, in comparison anyway. :)

Demon or Hellcat I think.

It's not about absolute power. About 450-500 hp is the most that can ever realistically be enjoyed (and even that's a lot) above that you need to be on track or runways which doesn't do much for me.

So this isn't about absolute performance or 0-60 times it's about something fast an enjoyable to drive about 3000 miles a year (the doesn't depreciate horrendously). It's my hobby really.

I work a lot (I run ATS from home) and Mrs ATS is disabled and I care for her so I don't really have any hobbies other than nice cars.

O

Old Mod

. It's my hobby really.

Alan, you can rationalise it in any way you like, and if that means coming here and saying it out loud, then that’s ok by us! :rolleyes:

Personally tho, way I look at it,
it’s your money and if that’s how you enjoy spending it, then more power to you I say!
Dig deep Alan, dig very deep! Haha
But please come back and show us a photo one day! :)

C

Concrete guy

What did you test drive

May have to go for the Aston v12 then

I drove a Ferrari FF.

We did look at Astons about two months ago, we could even get the wife's wheelchair in the boot of a Vanquish volante. I can't stomach the depreciation on one of those, even a used one.

C

Concrete guy

Alan, you can rationalise it in any way you like, and if that means coming here and saying it out loud, then that’s ok by us! :rolleyes:

Personally tho, way I look at it,
it’s your money and if that’s how you enjoy spending it, then more power to you I say!
Dig deep Alan, dig very deep! Haha
But please come back and show us a photo one day! :)

Current daily:-

tzrMO8G.jpg

Current weekend:-

optfQQe.jpg

Reply to Would you sell your soul to the Devil for one of these? in the General Off-topic Chat (nothing tile) area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks