Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Would you consider working abroad for a short period? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Would you consider working abroad for a short period?

• Total voters
Q

Qwerty

Please checkout the following advertisement.
As the title says really..... Would you consider working abroad for a short period of time? This is not a thread offering work!, just to see what others thoughts or experiences of it are.

I was contacted by a US firm asking if I would be available at short notice over the next month to travel to Florida (at own expense) to be involved in the rebuild & tile of damaged apartments with the possibility of further work in the Caribbean later on.
At the moment I am in no position to be able to, but will certainly bear it in mind for the future.

OP
L

LM

I would never say never. I would prefer to stay at home, but you never know if work could dry up here or you could be made an offer that it made no sense to turn down.

OP
D

Dumbo

If the money was very good and only for a short time and of course I would need to be very happy about reassurances of getting paid . It can be hard enough getting money out of builders that live in the same country .

OP
O

Old Mod

Paul @gamma38 as most of us know worked in New York couple years ago. His experience was not straight forward. I'll let him explain.
Although he did post other day about it.

OP
F

Flintstone

If I was single, or had circumstances that allowed it then yes, great experience but I would want some reassurance that I was gonna get paid

OP
B

Bill

I worked in France last autumn for a few weeks doing a ski chalet up - great job, good money and great scenery.

OP
B

Bill

My dad went to Saudi twice in the 70's for over 6 months at a time. Longest I have been away was about 2 months at a time in Germany during the late 80's and early nineties.

OP
O

Old Mod

Been there, done that, few times.
Would have to be seriously financially beneficial to do it again, unless I could take my family.

OP
W

WetSaw

This terrace is all blown and is going to be stripped and retiled next year. The 3 bed house that sleeps 8 will be empty..
Just saying... 012e2b73-12bd-4401-ae74-302e05e0a03c.c10.jpg

The first person to tell me the name of the house wins!

Reply to Would you consider working abroad for a short period? in the General Chat Forum | Tilers Talk area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock