Discuss Would you consider this quality work? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Why was he using quick set.
Did he mix 2 different adhesives (quick set with normal can give strange results)
Did he mix half set adhesive with more water because it has dried out (meaning the adhesives chemical reaction had already happened so what you end up with is chalk)

T

Toni

"Did he mix half set adhesive with more water because it has dried out (meaning the adhesives chemical reaction had already happened so what you end up with is chalk)"

I'm not sure but that is interesting - I don't think he did but it is certainly chalky now.

Could that mean it would stay damp still as well?

He didn't mix two types of adhesive though - it was all csa flexible stuff.

J

J Sid

can I ask how you clean your tiles, mop and bucket? Steam cleaner?

if the tiles had failed and grout cracked cleaning water could be the cause of the damp under some tiles, leading to adhesive breakdown.

T

Terry the tiler

if the tiles had failed and grout cracked cleaning water could be the cause of the damp under some tiles, leading to adhesive breakdown.
Exactly what I was thinking.
Has water managed to get into the grout and adhesive from above?
Cleaning/dog water bowl???
This thread really does get you thinking tho. Serious responsibilitys we have.

T

Terry the tiler

Exactly what I was thinking.
Has water managed to get into the grout and adhesive from above?
Cleaning/dog water bowl???
This thread really does get you thinking tho. Serious responsibilitys we have.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just had the same problem on a anayldrite screed.
The front door was leaking for 2years since I laid the floors (over 100m2) about 2m2 became lose and grout cracked.
Me and the owner lifted tiles , tiles came away clean, I'd back buttered , back buttering was still on tile and addy on the floor.
Addy was dusty and damp.
Looking at your bifolds and outside , could water be penetrating under the sill ?

I

Italy

Hi Antonio,

I think it's Bs (British standards) in the U.K. I'm not sure if uni is the same?
then, I am informed.
UNI are Italian standards, written in collaboration with ASSOPOSA.
ASSOPOSA is like TTA English.
TTA and ASSOPOSA are members of the EUF, federation associations tile installers. therefore, it should be the same. there may be slight variations, for example in the laying out of wood, or on substrates anhydride, which here are almost nonexistent. I think

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Just had the same problem on a anayldrite screed.
The front door was leaking for 2years since I laid the floors (over 100m2) about 2m2 became lose and grout cracked.
Me and the owner lifted tiles , tiles came away clean, I'd back buttered , back buttering was still on tile and addy on the floor.
Addy was dusty and damp.
Looking at your bifolds and outside , could water be penetrating under the sill ?

How has this gone ? did u check bifold ?

Reply to Would you consider this quality work? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
hoponbaby
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks