Discuss Wood effect tiles layout in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

M

moomarine

What is the best layout to use for wood effect tiles? Last time I did brick bond but a 3rd of the way up the tile. And I don't think uniform layouts look natural with wood effect. Would like to know what most of you do when the customer leaves it up to you to decide?

It's a 25m2 kitchen which is rectangular.

W

WetSaw

Random seems to be the way to go these days. Just start laying and start the next row with whatever off cut you have, bowed tiles you'd probably have to be a bit more careful with and not overlap the bond too much.

I

Italy

Italian s.it

IMG_20160927_124606.jpg IMG_20160927_124530.jpg

S

Stef

I always go random on wood planks, they are meant to replicate a wooden floor.
If theres a repeat pattern or your using the cut from the last row then I think it starts to look like laminate flooring.

Reply to Wood effect tiles layout in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks