Discuss wood effect over wet UFH concrete in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

M

MarkSS

Hullo all!
I’ve been impressed by the professional attitude of posters here so wonder if I might take some advice on my refurb project.
It’s a 300m2 bungalow, mixed 60s/90s extension, solid floor.
I’m a power wheelchair user and destroyed our old house hardwood floors in short order so am going for wood effect tiles in whole house except regular bathroom tiles.
Remove screed, overlay insulated wet UFH if I can or excavate and re-slab wet UFH if I can’t.
Question is : the wood effect tiles are narrow, often 150x20; any advice on buildup sequence for this?
Anyone want to quote for this in SL6? 4 bathrooms to do!
thanks, Mark

OP
M

MarkSS

Great, thanks I will do. I would think I’d need several guys for this job!
Any advice on the buildup? I see several times that larger format tiles are recommended for screed on insulation or even on overlay UFH boards.
I’m contemplating biting the bullet and cracking out the old slab for a new, insulated buildup.

Reaction score
Personally, coz I'm a bit cheap/miserly towards home expenses, I would keep the central heating, install sime funky rads, and have it controlled on a Hive or similar system.
Then Ditra the floor and plank away.
Lots of amazing timber effect tiles available.
I do alot of work in GX, Stoke Poges, Farnham. Working in SL4 for next week or so.
A few pics of timber effect floors I've done.
Fraser Tiling - https://www.facebook.com/frasertiling/
If moneys not an issue excavate, insulate, full wet, eco anhydrate, sand floor, allow drying time, sand, prime, decouple, then fix tiles.
Know what I'd do.

OP
M

MarkSS

Thanks. I think the missus might chuck me out if I tiled the lounge and bedrooms without underfloor heat!
I’ll keep your details handy in a few weeks.

Reply to wood effect over wet UFH concrete in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer