Discuss Wood 22 UFH system, floor prep and coverings ? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
We are due to start tiling over the Terra Therma Wood 22 UFH heating system. What concerns me is the reflective plates that sit in the routed timber floor boards, they seem to be loose laid..... do you latex over them first or can you use a decoupling membrane direct on to the substate ....durabase matting for instance?

T

The Tiler

just had a quick read and looks like its designed to have there wooden flooring over it not tiles

Reaction score
Terra Therma's tech data is not very helpful, I read it the same as you but I found another article the said you could. Im not comfortable after visiting site today....

T

The Tiler

Terra Therma's tech data is not very helpful, I read it the same as you but I found another article the said you could. Im not comfortable after visiting site today....

I'd want a written method statement on how to fix tiles onto it before I'd do anything. Call them tomorrow

D

Dumbo

I wouldn't just trust what they say . Ask which adhesive company they have tested it with because half of them just,are itas they go along . If they have tested it with an adhesive company speak to the adh company direct and ask them for the spec.

T

The Tiler

don't think you'd find many happy to fix tiles onto this whatever terra therma say, one to walk away from I think

Reply to Wood 22 UFH system, floor prep and coverings ? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks