Discuss Wickes spacer accuracy in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Being a retired engineer I always recon to have a good eye for measurements. so when I bought these spacers from wickes I had my doubts about their accuracy so stuck a couple in a pair of digital calipers. The 1mm spacer measured 1.72mm and 2mm spacer measured 2.42mm, so if you want a 2mm grout line you would be nearer by using a 1mm spacer. Think it might be worth buying some better quality ones.
_DSC5463.JPG
_DSC5464.JPG

I

Italy

Being a retired engineer I always recon to have a good eye for measurements. so when I bought these spacers from wickes I had my doubts about their accuracy so stuck a couple in a pair of digital calipers. The 1mm spacer measured 1.72mm and 2mm spacer measured 2.42mm, so if you want a 2mm grout line you would be nearer by using a 1mm spacer. Think it might be worth buying some better quality ones. View attachment 105973 View attachment 105975
apart from the measure,
are at least all the same?
otherwise you may have problems with tiling.
because the tiles are all well calibrated.

Reaction score
apart from the measure,
are at least all the same?
otherwise you may have problems with tiling.
because the tiles are all well calibrated.
Ok I might be being a bit of a geek here but lets face it, if you take the time and effort to mark a wall out using 100mm tiles only to find that you are 13mm out when you get to the ceiling surely it makes you think twice. Yes they are all the same.

W

Waluigi

I tend to use either Raimondi or Rubi Spacers. I’ve never accurately measured them though. Bloomin’ engineers ;)

I totally agree with you. It’s like anything, you have to have your wits about you and work it out on site with your levels and tape as you go.

It’s the same as tiling a perfectly Plumb wall and then tiling an adjacent wall which is out of Plumb. The grout joints on the adjacent wall will naturally fall lower.

The little plastic wedges will help you in these instances :D

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
In the bui
Ok I might be being a bit of a geek here but lets face it, if you take the time and effort to mark a wall out using 100mm tiles only to find that you are 13mm out when you get to the ceiling surely it makes you think twice. Yes they are all the same.
And this is where the skill of a pro tiler comes in, being able to open or close joint's to fit, without it being noticeable...

I

Italy

I usually lay the tiles on the floor
with its spacers and I get
the exact height.
it is useless to make calculations

Reply to Wickes spacer accuracy in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks