Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Why Join TilersForums.co.uk? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

United Kingdom

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Dan submitted a new blog post

Why Join tilersforums.com?
money-graphic.jpg

Continue reading the Original Blog Post.

O

Old Mod

I've got to admit, without tilersforums.com I wouldn't be where I am today professionally.
The people I've met, the places I've been, the work I've undertaken, the courses I've taken, the knowledge I have acquired,
ALL FREE OF CHARGE,
has put me where I am today!
I've learnt new skills, met incredible people, I work with an amazing mentor and I have completed the type of contracts far beyond that I would have ever thought possible.
And yes, I'm a member of staff here, but that's only because I'm compelled on a personal level, to give something back.
It's a thriving community that looks after its own, and no matter what the issue, someone here can usually help.
I'm talking in the practical and technical sense, and not in a legal one.
As clever as some of us are, we're not legal eagles haha.
I've not found anywhere to date that has been able to give as much support as this forum.
I shall be forever indebted to this community for the help and guidance it's been able to provide.
Thank you.

OP
Dan

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Some other benefits I'm thinking of adding which you don't get with associations and 'schemes' like Checkatrade:-
  • Share Advice Amongst Members
  • Discounted Underfloor Heating
  • Discounted Business Cards
  • Discounted New Vans
  • National Tilers Event Calendar
  • Downloads and Resources
  • tile Jobs Posted by Customers
  • tile Jobs Posted by Contractors
  • tile Jobs Posted by Agencies

B

Blunt Tool

I joined tilersforums.com not that long ago, before that I searched the internet for the tools, adhesives, grouts, heating mats etc that were new on the market and needed a review to assure me they were ok to use . tilersforums.com always seemed to have the review or advice I was looking for, and decided to join. Anything a tiler needs be it tools, materials, vans, business cards, trade days and events or advice on latest tiles and installation techniques is all there and thanks to our sponsors, staff and all the excellent professional tilers there is always someone to help. To payback some of the help I have received on this forum I welcome the diy enthusiast or the first time tiler and if I can help with any advice then I will gladly share. Also it's easy for me to buy from the sponsors as they are big names in the tile and commercial world and would be buying from them anyway! Thanks tilersforums.com :)

O

One Day

I first appeared here about 10yrs ago. A complete amateur who had jacked in a lucrative sales position with a national company and found himself in an old van with a few tools and a burning desire to be a professional tiler. In other words - I knew NOTHING.
I learnt so much in my first few years, by asking questions, reading others, debating, asking why - not just how.
Like all forums, there are people who join for debate, to boost their ego, to promote their own businesses and agendas, but:
(and this is the key to a truly good forum)
there were, and still are, people involved who are passionate about the trade. Care about driving up standards, and importantly - selflessly give of their time, experience and skills to help others.

All other perks to the forum are just that in my view - side perks.

Definition of "forum" - a place where ideas and information are discussed and exchanged.
Keep to that as the core ethos of this place, and it will continue last.
Dilute it at the forum's peril.

I

Italy

What am I doing here I?
I have not yet figured out ...;). ahaha
why I joined?
it was a Sunday like any other, I spent Sunday afternoon searching the internet, new work equipment. tired of not find out novelties, (depressed as each time), I said, why not translate what I look for in English ?.
I opened up a whole new world, a few minutes later, I was in the forum, what I have always tried was below my eyes, registration immediately made, then after two days, you have accepted me, and then began the problems ......
seems easy with google translate, but it is not true, the variants of the words are many.
Fortunately, I found a Samaritan named MARC, who accompanied me.
thanks again marc.
and thanks for the welcome he received.

I forgot, why enroll in forum, because here's everything you need to tilers.

Reply to Why Join TilersForums.co.uk? in the Tiling Advice | Tile Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock