Discuss Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

N

Noitavonni

Thats where I started it 18 years ago, to re-sit it there would have cost me £ and time. Donny have free placements and they assess me in the workplace with only 1 class room visit!:thumbsup:

P

psychowitch

Ive tried to get my NVQ via Capital Training in Wales... (it was one recommended to me) unfortunately early on work dried up so nothing for them to look at! Then when work started coming in they would never have the guy in my area at the right time...just a pain in the neck..stuck all my details in their database to keep in contact and then found it all wiped off for some reason...they never call back...

anyways anyone know of a Govt. funded NVQ assessor nearer Colchester? would like to get it done in 2010 ..

M

muffinman

Ive tried to get my NVQ via Capital Training in Wales... (it was one recommended to me) unfortunately early on work dried up so nothing for them to look at! Then when work started coming in they would never have the guy in my area at the right time...just a pain in the neck..stuck all my details in their database to keep in contact and then found it all wiped off for some reason...they never call back...

anyways anyone know of a Govt. funded NVQ assessor nearer Colchester? would like to get it done in 2010 ..
do you know if they got a grant for you if so then have not done there job

M

mhtiler

i have my nvq 3 in wall and floor tiling,done through TRAIN TO GAIN, they came to my sites of work and took evidence of my work,then took my health and safety test and getting mt cscs card,only cost me about £60 for test and card.

C

ChaseTiling

HI All,

Just a quick up date for you!

If you are looking to complete an NVQ Level 2 in wall and floor tiling funding may be avliable for you from CTA as long as you meet the criteria set out by the learning skills council.

Funding for NVQ Level 3 in wall and floor tiling may also be available as long as you meet the criteria.

If you would like any further information drop ius a message or give us a ring on 01543 424205.

Dan

Admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I know this is a really old poll but I thought it'd be nice to see who's got their NVQ these days.

Ttt1601

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Got mine a while back through experienced worker route, was easy as you like, the practical element of it is very outdated in humble opinion.

widler

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
They just come out to site, see if you can do the job and you get it don't you ?
When I got asked to teach plastering and they said my C&G was not recognised by anyone , they came out, saw me plastering and said ' ok, you can have one o_O"
Que the plasterers jokes :)

Reply to Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alex Carr
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks