Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Just a quick poll to see who's got their tile NVQ and who hasn't. It's nearing 2010 and I'm wondering how many have not bothered to get passed.

If you're time-served or new there are routes you can take to get your tile NVQ. All of our training centre sponsors can help you.

If you deal in other trades too, perhaps plumbing or plastering then the sponsors of our sister forums can help you out. Often there is a bit of discount for forum members but I can't promise anything.

There is funding available now for various people but not everybody. Contact the training centre's to see if you fit in the governments category for funding.

E

EH TILING

Just had another (and final) on site assessment today, Nvq 2 done and dusted bar the paper work!!

:hurray::8::hurray::8:

R

Rissyboi

Anyone from scotland got there NVQ 2 and how did they achieve it? or any tiler from england as well how did you gain your NVQ did you apply thorw colleges or training centres??

V

village tiling

never bothered doing it.. ive never been asked for it and i do quite a bit of site work too..
plus i know a few lads who r in there second year of there nvq and havnt even been taught how to grout. im not generelising all nvq courses but the ones they r on dont seem to be much good.

Reaction score
Got a phone call, the other day and i'll be starting my nvq early in the new year. Does anyony know if the 2010 deadline applys to all site workers, ie bricklayers ect, even if they hold city and guilds?

Reaction score
well i will but only so my son can go on site and commercial , but i really aint interested myself anymore had enough of the bull on commercial works, health and safety b--------, all the crap you have to put up with, happy just with doing my small works now. i know lazy but iam getting old lol

N

Noitavonni

After 18 years of time-served tile work I've decided to get my NVQ-2. Business Link Nottingham helped me find Doncaster College and its free for me to complete (backed from the government). I'm just going through the initial stages (risk assessment - see my other post, help?!). I'll post again when I have more info for you all.

M

muffinman

After 18 years of time-served tile work I've decided to get my NVQ-2. Business Link Nottingham helped me find Doncaster College and its free for me to complete (backed from the government). I'm just going through the initial stages (risk assessment - see my other post, help?!). I'll post again when I have more info for you all.
you could have done your NVQ 2 at Basford hall college nottingham

E

EH TILING

passed the health and safety test today, should get my cscs card as nvq level 2 wall and floor tiler in the post! :hurray:

Diamond Pool Finishers

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
iv'e been on commercial sit's for year's and no one has ever asked me for anything other than the silly H&S man keep telling me to put my hat on , that was up north, but when you work in london most sites are a shambles at H&S i would say northerner's take it more seriously :thumbsup:

V

village tiling

i personally dont think alot will change.. its similar to a few years ago when everyone was sayin that if you didnt have your CSCS card you wouldnt be allowed on sites after 2008... i havnt got a CSCS and noone has ever asked me for a CSCS card on any site ive been on. if you have got common sense and are a good tiler there is no reason why you shouldnt get site work, i get loads of site work..i think that alot of this stuff is scaremongering by the authorities and an excuse for the government to make money out of people by introducing these hairbrained schemes..... but thats just my opinion!!!!!

L

LHowellCeramics

Ive Just Got my self onto an NVQ Asssment said can take upto 9 months?
Im Now able to apply for my CSCS Card as im enroled onto a course.
Does anybody know which test i have to sit as its ome up with 16 different tests to take but nothing that says tilers?

Cheers
Luke

Reply to Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock