Discuss Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
If you live in the north region, leeds up to borders scotland, and self employed we will have the funding for free Tiling and plastering NVQs
Ring 0191 4274529 for details
Regards
Darren

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
the college i am drawing the funding from has a tight radius for the time being, later on the area might widen so my hands are tied

UKTT Darren

TF
TF Official Sponsor
Subscribed
Reaction score
Exactly, like having a driving licence, just because you have one dont mean that your a good driver, plenty of sh$$t drivers causing mayhem on the roads with licences, still it means that they are legal to drive.
The cscs card that is required by sites now means that you will have to be qualified (nvq / city and guilds) to get the card stating that your ocupationally compitent in your trade and health and safety. if you go for a cscs card without the quals all it will say is general labourer
If your not going onto a site and staying domestic, no need for it

S

smurf21

Exactly, like having a driving licence, just because you have one dont mean that your a good driver, plenty of sh$$t drivers causing mayhem on the roads with licences, still it means that they are legal to drive.
The cscs card that is required by sites now means that you will have to be qualified (nvq / city and guilds) to get the card stating that your ocupationally compitent in your trade and health and safety. if you go for a cscs card without the quals all it will say is general labourer
If your not going onto a site and staying domestic, no need for it

renewed my cscs card this year valid till 2013 states on it wall and floor tiler . to get your first card may be a diff story i dont know but a renewal at the moment should give you a like for like card proving you can do the job stated surly.

Reaction score
I'v not got a nvq at the moment, but i'v just spoke to darren at nett and arranged for an assesment, what a nice freindly and helpful guy. thanks darren :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
S

STINGRAY30

i had never tiled before when i started my nvq last september.

good course but very very basic i thought.

i learnt more myself when i did a kitchen on my own.

different world out there from the small square cubicles in college!!

G

Gazzer

i had never tiled before when i started my nvq last september.

good course but very very basic i thought.

i learnt more myself when i did a kitchen on my own.

different world out there from the small square cubicles in college!!

And what course did you do?

D

diamondtiling

its a certificate to say you're Not Very Qualified :smilewinkgrin:

That comment will not help anyone, :thumbsdown: these things are there to help not hinder. I have the certificate, I did it because I would rather have it than run into problems later when it will be too late. I also have 20 years experience so I would say I am plenty qualified. Roll on when tilers need to be licensed to do domestic work.

Experienced, dedicated honest tradesmen 1
Cowboys and conmen 0

:hurray:

Reply to Who's got their Tiling NVQ now? in the UK Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks