Discuss white porcelain stains on black limestone in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

ljd21

hello,

my builders were cutting porcelain tiles in my garden and the white powder from the grinder has stained my black limestone slabs, I have tried power washing it and although it made it better, they still looked pretty bad. does anyone know of any acid free cleaners that can remove it, I imagine the stains are only superficial and have not penetrated deep into the limestone

cheers

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Try variouse fine to stiff brushes on one stone only to start, flush water across the face from the hose rather than blasting it. Or ,Have you tried your hover if dry? Henry type hose direct to stone.

L

ljd21

thanks for your reply, I haven't tried anything yet except the power washer twice, the residue is embedded in the slabs, I have attached a photo showing the white chalk like marks, I presume its the actual clay the porcelain tiles are made of that has mixed with rain and soaked into the limestone slabs

20839478_1545375865484372_566655524_n.jpg

Lithofin BOB

TF
Esteemed
Reaction score
Try the brushes first on one stone with flushing water, if you tried a cleaner - specific light alkaline stone cleaner with the brushes may loosen further, nothing acidic at all!!

Reply to white porcelain stains on black limestone in the Tile Cleaning and Restoration Forum area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
voltage2688
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks