Discuss White on white, or colour coded? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

K

Kieks

I just wanted to know what your preference is regarding silicone.

I used to always use whit on white for silicone, down to baths, showers or basin.

Now I tend to use a colour match all around.

Just wondering how everyone else does it?

K

Kieks

I nearly always colour match to the grout colour. Cant remember the last time I used white silicone with a non white grout

I only asked as I found it a pain trying to match a colour say Jasmin down the vertical. Which then would meet the white to the bath or shower tray horizontally.

K

Kieks

I only use Ardex grout with Ardex colour match silicone. However, not all the grouts have the corresponding colour silicone.......which is a pain.

I mainly use the Ardex grout too. But I can’t get on with the silicone, it’s awfull to work with I find.

I tend to try an best match it with Mapei, much more workable.

H

hmtiling

I always use white to bath or tray if white. And colour coded to grout colour the rest of the the transitions. The exception for me is white tiles with black grout then I'll use white silicone which looks better for me.

Reply to White on white, or colour coded? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks