Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Which voltage drill to use? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Please checkout the following advertisement.
Hi all, am interested in purchasing a cordless drill for obvious reasons. Like to know what voltage you guys are using that cope with tile drilling etc. Will 14v suffice or do i need 18v? Am really just looking at Dewalt or Bosch for reliability but if anyone knows better, please advise.

OP
H

hillhead

I have a makita 18v 3.0 ah li-ion and it works a treat.i would advise no less than this spec.

OP
D

david campbell

18v, preferably with an hour charge and a spare battery,also the higher the microamps the better drill head speed you get

OP
D

david campbell

Makita LXT202 LXT Li-ion 18v Twin Pack - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys LITHIUM-_-30803&ts=92605
try here m8!:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
R

richiep

Makita LXT202 LXT Li-ion 18v Twin Pack - Screwfix.com, Where the Trade Buys LITHIUM-_-30803&ts=92605
try here m8!:thumbsup:

Thanks, but that's a bit out of my price range, are Makita a reliable brand then? Recommend these over Dewalt and Bosch?

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
H

hillhead

Hi rich,ok my drill cost me 170 !great drill.its the makita limited edition drill(black and white)
I have seen lately you can have it for 200 with 2 batteries and the 1 hour charger !! i have one battery! google it,i bought mine from toolshopdirect,check their website too.

OP
T

Terry Cottar

Thanks, but that's a bit out of my price range, are Makita a reliable brand then? Recommend these over Dewalt and Bosch?

This is the sort of thing you buy once and once only. I have had my ELU which you can't buy anymore for nearly 12 years and apart from two batteries its still going strong. I bought an additional cheaper Makita with a makita screwdriver a few months ago 14V with two batteries and a case for £149 on offer from Screwfix it was the worst mistake I made. I wish I had spent £300+ and bought the 18V LXT with three batteries. There is someone on here who says "Buy Cheap Pay Twice" how right that is. Take my advice and spend the money or you will regret it if it's a tool you use daily. Fair enough if you use it occasionally the cheapo will do.

tel

OP
H

hillhead

£198 on that site with 2 batteries !! good offer,i could do with second battery soon .

OP
G

Gazzer

14.4 volt Makita from Screwfix years ago, 2 batteries and its still going well £99 , but if you have the extra funds the Li batteries are the ones to go for. Check the size of the chuck, you want as big as possible about 13mm seems to be fine for most needs.

Reply to Which voltage drill to use? in the Tiling News; Tile News area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
05jtaylor
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock