Make life easy, search the forum.

Discuss Which UFH Screed (Thin) in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Please checkout the following advertisement.
Thanks Jake.
I will do, its a 6 bedroom home that I cant find a contractor to do without me moving out for 4 weeks, so Im having to do most of it myself and splitting house into 2 and doing 2 manifolds.
4 weeks to do underfloor heating and screed in a 6 bedder. You've clearly not looked very hard... I reckon that's 3 days work. 1 day to insulate edge strip and polythene, 1 day to pipe up to manifold and 1 day to screed.

OP
S

Sheldon Overs

Its more work than that! The floors have been screeded at the min, so digging all that out to start! Insulation on the timber and all the floors up. I know what your getting at tho. Feel free to recommend anyone round Warwick that would do this tho, Ive rang soo many people with no real luck.

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Give me a call tomorrow and we can have a chat about it. 07966651006

Reaction score
i put a calcium sulphate, hemihydrate, pump applied liquid floor screed. 40mm depth, in my house, with ufh, it's made by a german company, RTU is the company that supplies it over here in N.Ireland, there's bound to be a supplier over in your area. now i waited two years before i tiled the floors!!!:D there was all that noise going about floors lifting at that time, also to see where it would crack, there wasn't too many and i used matting over any cracks , although the main reason was getting motivated to do it:rolleyes:. i used matting over any cracks and nearly 2 years later again, no cracks have appeared, i have 7" of insulation below my floor:D used "passive house" standards for the insulation thickness.

Last edited:

Ajax123

TF
Arms
Reaction score
There's a lot of anhydrite in northern Ireland these days. Most of it is from crh roadstone.

OP
S

Sheldon Overs

Thanks for all your help Alan.

Screedit - Only could speak to Ellie and sent her details via email
Ascus - Said would call back but hasnt (will chase today)
Midland - I spoke and sent them details back in March but never responded to that!

None of them were interested in digging the screed up, but I can do that myself fine.

Reply to Which UFH Screed (Thin) in the Tiling on Underfloor Heating area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Please visit our sponsor websites, they keep the forum free to use!

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
flooringdemand
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock