Discuss Which Sigmas To Buy in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

W

White Room

Don't bother with klik klok. Stick with push Max handles. I've got a 3em (heavy beast) and 3cm as my most used cutters. Highly recommend both of course...

Nothing wrong with the Klik klok just a different handle...

A

Aston

Ok, finally sorting out moving to Sigma from Rubi.

I currently have two Rubi cutters- a TX900N and a TR400S.

I want to replace both with similar Sigma cutters but I want the big cutter to score & cut at least 1225mm and the smaller cutter minimum score & cut of 600mm.

I want push to score and I like the look of the breaking mechanism that flips down.

Which ones should I go for as there seems to be so many different models!!!

Cheers all :)

Hi Geoff

I use 3 cutters
These are older models so you will need to get the latest equivalent model number
Sigma 3ek .... 1200 cutter with a klick klok handle
Sigma 3c - 700 cutter with pull handle (you just get the max version)
Finally a little sigma 2g pull handle for stuff upto 300 ...think they are about £90 ish

I found the klik klok more effective than the max on the 1200 cutter because when you press down to break, all the weight/ power goes towards the tile. When you break on a max handle on big stuff, the bed of the cutter can raise a bit because the handle is at the back of the cutter leaning over the edge. I spoke to Derek about this a few years back and he agreed that many lads likes the klick klok on the big cutter for that same reason.

Hope this helps a bit
Ed

Last edited by a moderator:
S

Stef

Hi Geoff

I use 3 cutters
These are older models so you will need to get the latest equivalent model number
Sigma 3ek .... 1200 cutter with a klick klok handle
Sigma 3c - 700 cutter with pull handle (you just get the max version)
Finally a little sigma 2g pull handle for stuff upto 300 ...think they are about £90 ish

I found the klik klok more effective than the max on the 1200 cutter because when you press down to break, all the weight/ power goes towards the tile. When you break on a max handle on big stuff, the bed of the cutter can raise a bit because the handle is at the back of the cutter leaning over the edge. I spoke to Derek about this a few years back and he agreed that many lads likes the klick klok on the big cutter for that same reason.

Hope this helps a bit
Ed
I had heard boys talking about the klik klok on the bigger cutters but I've not come across any problems with my max handle on my 3e3m, it cuts every tile I fling at it.

O

Old Mod

Three? :eek:
Piggy! Haha
Ta Daa!

image.jpeg

W

White Room

I have a klik klok on one of my cutters but was in two minds when buying the larger ones which handle to go for, chose the max but can always buy a spare handle.

Reply to Which Sigmas To Buy in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
andymtl24
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks