Discuss which sigma? There’s so many ..... in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

llevram

TF
Reaction score
I’m finally making the switch from rubi to sigma, but what one? There’s loads!!!
I’m never really cutting anything longer than 600mm. Any advice would be great.
Been looking at the 3c3m. But don’t know if it’s an old model !

Thanks in advance

llevram

TF
Reaction score
So there’s a pull and push model? Max being the push? Cheers for the advice..... will I miss my rubi twin rails for accuracy

L

LM

No, measure your bottom cut mark with a tape and place it on the measurement bar at the said measurement and a good tip with the top mark is to set it in line with the scribe wheel and move the sigma so that the shadow of the rail hits the mark, now every cut just align using the shadow. It's a doddle.

Tony_C

TF
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
So there’s a pull and push model? Max being the push? Cheers for the advice..... will I miss my rubi twin rails for accuracy

Yeah, I believe the 3C2 is the normal pull to score model and the 3C3M is the push to score with the max handle.

The max handle does slightly obstruct the view at the bottom but i'm used to it now and know where it sits without looking round all the time. I also do sometimes pull to score and works fine like that. I haven't came across anything so far that it hasn't cut through with ease. the scoring wheel being on a bearing makes it so much smoother and easier to score :thumbsup:

If you are used to Rubi the max handle might be the best choice, you can change the handles anyway if you then prefer to pull to score

L

LM

IMG_6098.JPG

Reply to which sigma? There’s so many ..... in the Tile Cutters area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks