Which quick setting plaster to tile off

Discuss Which quick setting plaster to tile off in the Tiling Forum area at TilersForums.co.uk

acaciaguy

Professional Tiler
So I have stripped this kitchen wall back and the skim coat has come off most of the wall with the tiles. Underneath is a bonding /base coat plaster. That is sound and level. But for the lack of a skim coat the wall is in great condition. I know that you can't tile on bonding and I would normal reboard but there isn't the depth at the back of the hob to do so.

What plaster do you use that can i skim on that is suitable for use on an undercoat and will set off sharpish?

Last edited:
OP
acaciaguy

acaciaguy

Professional Tiler
Thank you! Anything to do to wall before applying one coat ? Prime ? How long until it can be tiled on. I’m doing 2mm

W

Waluigi

Unregistered (Please Register)
5:1 water to PVA, coat the walls. When dry 3:1 PVA on the walls and then trowel them up. 2mm skim? Will be dry the following day. Leave as long as you can though

W

Waluigi

It might work fine. I tend to carry PVA so use that as it’s tried and tested. Primer works on a finish coat so there’s no reason why it wouldn’t work on bonding.

W

Waluigi

Yeah, also have a read on the tub about what it says about using it for plastering. They vary with what they recommend. It’s usually about 5:1 then 3:1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Please enable / Bitte aktiviere JavaScript!
Veuillez activer / Por favor activa el Javascript![ ? ]