Discuss Which Mapei (None rapid) for porcelain ? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

L

LJD

Did the floor today with Rapid mapei . Found it was going off too quickly .Tiles cut and laid Dry etc first to make sure all good. Just found the mapei Rapid had gone off in the bucket within 15 mins . When it comes to doing the walls I would like a longer "pot life" so i can at least do 10 tiles etc before it all goes to dry

cheers

L

LJD

Thats a rapid ? ! And I was using the grey today. Mixed correctly . Porc onto Ditra . Just found it felt too dry too quickly . I can leave it for 10 hours to dry . so no rush .

Bond

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Have a look at Adesilex P9. (Standard set)

Going back to keraquick I have found it usually good for 30 to 40 minutes working time.

L

LJD

The "Rapid " I used , says 3 hours . The Keraquick is the same ? !
Have a look at Adesilex P9. (Standard set)

Going back to keraquick I have found it usually good for 30 to 40 minutes working time.

Cheers

M

mr white

I've got my 3 bags of super flexible adhesive (C2TE S1) from B&q (Wickes sell it also under another name) it's the same as Keraflex maxi S1, I've done some reading and lots of people recommend this brand as it has gives you more time to work with it. Stuff is expensive tho.....

M

MarshallTile

Try Benfer adhesives standard set is good for 5 hours. Premium Italian adhesives
Benferflex c2.

Reply to Which Mapei (None rapid) for porcelain ? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finias Coroama
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks