Discuss Which Colour Bal do you recommend? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Reaction score
Hi, I want to tile onto WEDI type backing board with mosaic tiles 30x27. The location is the bathroom but not around the bath area. What adhesive do you recommend? Bal Green Star, Blue Star or White Star?

Albert

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Hi, I want to tile onto WEDI type backing board with mosaic tiles 30x27. The location is the bathroom but not around the bath area. What adhesive do you recommend? Bal Green Star, Blue Star or White Star?
Out of the 3 choices, it would be white star

W

Waluigi

Out of the three I’d also select white star.

I’ve not used ready mixed for many years though and can’t recomend it over a powdered adhesive.

D

Dumbo

Out of those three I wouldn't. I would use a smooth cement based flexible white adhesive something like kerracol biogel

W

Waluigi

Bang on. Exactly what I’d use. Nice and smooth is Biogel. Perfect adhesive for mosaics.

Warning though, it’s a full 24 hour set adhesive.

W

Waluigi

Biogel is a good adhesive. Very white, very dusty, very made from carrera marble.

A bit overrated.

Water content matters a bit less with this adhesive so you can get the mix exactly as you like it.

Yes, I have been chatting to a Rep:tearsofjoy:

£xx for 25kg, roughly. Usually more. Sometimes a bit less.

Edit. I just remembered and Removed price

Reply to Which Colour Bal do you recommend? in the Adhesive and Grout area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawz84
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks