• UK Tiling Forum that lauched to the World. USA and UK Tile Fixers

Welcome to the UK Tiling Forum for UK Tiling Advice, and US Tile Fixers Advice, whether wall tiling or floor tiling advice, by Tilers Forums. The collective tiling advice forum. TilersForums.co.uk now redirects to TilersForums.com.

Discuss Where mosaic meets 60x30 in wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums. USA and UK Tiling Forum

Reaction score
morning,

So I’m tiling the floor today in the wetroom (yup, still on this job!).

The tray I’m doing in 10mm porcelain mosaic (4mm addy bed), the remainder in 10mm porcelain 60x30 (12mm addy bed).

The mosaic will sit lower. I need to raise it by 4mm so there isn’t a step, how would I do that?

Thanks in advance everyone

Boggs

TF
Supporter
Arms
Esteemed
Reaction score
Bed in some 4mm backer board, not sure you will get that at short notice though.

Topps tiles do stock mosaic self adhesive backers made by Beava I think, they are about 3mm thick, they also keep your mosaics in place nicely.

F

Flintstone

Personally I wouldn't feather as you will see it and find it hard to get that nice. I wouldn't use mosaic mesh on a wet tray either. 4mm backer board or you could use a 4mm trowel and carefully serate the tray with rapid set, leave it to set. Then skim in the gaps between the ridges, leave it to set and you have a 4mm solid bed to tile on. That's if time allows

W

Waluigi

I would’ve said that you’ve allowed for the same tiles. She can’t just change her mind. I’d put the pressure on the customer to revert back to the original plan.

All these ideas to overcome the problem are a bit of a compromise. I’d put the onus on the customer that it creates a problem.

jasper

TF
Reaction score
I would’ve said that you’ve allowed for the same tiles. She can’t just change her mind. I’d put the pressure on the customer to revert back to the original plan.

All these ideas to overcome the problem are a bit of a compromise. I’d put the onus on the customer that it creates a problem.
Blimey - remind me not to get you on site. Sometimes people change their mind - I mean its not like they are paying you to provide a service is it?

Simon Dale

TF
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score

We as tilers should get over these minor mishaps:D:D

Reply to Where mosaic meets 60x30 in wetroom in the UK Tiling Forum | Tiling Advice area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile training advice or the Tile Standards

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.

Replies you've not seen

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dazzer