Discuss what would you do if confronted with this? in the Canada area at TilersForums. The USA and UK Tiling Forum (Also now Aus, Canada, ROI, and more)

Andy Allen

TF
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
What's the problem with tiles being in the garage? If you turn up with them in your van do they get in the house by themselves?
If the tiles are in my van then I have a mark up on them which allows me the time and cost to off load them.

Humping 18m of 600 x 300 porcelain tiles from a garage to the upstairs bathroom is no joke for a 51 year old with bad knees and back !!
Had to hump this lot from the garage to the bathroom today....
IMG_20170911_120434.jpg

He went to work before I got there so couldn't reprimand him :mad:

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
All part of the sevice Brian, why don't you try quoting day rate on your next job then you won't mind going the extra mile??
Not for me Andy,done all them things in the past and most of the time you get no thanks ,as for day rate that is something i never give,i tell the customer the price and unless the walls fall down or something drastic that is the price they pay then there is no quibling at the end of the day with the likes of (but you stopped for dinner etc) just the way i am

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Must be lovely working in Nirvana where everything is in place for you just to fix tiles...
Few things listed on my letter head like all items must be moved before work comences,tiles must be nezr to where i am working etc,works for me maybe you want to try it mtrs make £££££££££££ mugging tiles around for nothing makes nothing it really is that simple

Brian the Tile

TF
Arms
Reaction score
Few things listed on my letter head like all items must be moved before work comences,tiles must be nezr to where i am working etc,works for me maybe you want to try it mtrs make £££££££££££ mugging tiles around for nothing makes nothing it really is that simple
As it says on the tin TILER

Reply to what would you do if confronted with this? in the Canada area at TilersForums.com

Or checkout our tile courses and training forum or the Tile Blog / Latest Blog Posts

This website is hosted and managed by www.untoldmedia.co.uk. Creating content since 2001.
Tile Contractor Forum. The useful tile contractor website.

New Tiling Questions

UK Tiling Forum Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
Midland Commercial
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks